Nancy

"When alpha particles go through gold foil, they become-"

"Unoccupied space." Nancy answered. Barb turned over the card and nodded before starting the next one.

"A molecule that can-" She was cut off by Steve grabbing the cards form her. "Hey-" Tommy H soon came up behind her and poked at her ear.

"I don't know. I think you studied enough, Nance." Steve said as he looked down at the cards as his two goons Tommy and Carol followed him.

"Steve-"

"I'm telling you, you know, you got this. Don't worry." He said completely insincerely, "Now, on to more important matters. My dad has left town on a conference and my mom's gone with him, cause, you know, she doesn't trust him."

"Good call." Tommy commented.

"So are you in?"

"In for what?"

"No parents? Big house?"

"A party?"

"Ding ding ding!" Carol said sarcastically, causing Tommy to laugh.

"It's Tuesday."

"It's Tuesday, oh my god!" Tommy repeated mockingly.

"Come on. It'll be low key. It'll just be us."

"What about Jamie?"

"Oh, that little shit-" Carol laughed.

"Relax, she's like, super sick. She'll be cooped up in her room the whole time. Won't even remember a thing."

"Steve-" Nancy began worriedly.

"Nance. She's fine. What do you say? Are you in or are you out?"

"Um-"

--

--

"Oh this is weird. He's never this late."

"What about Jamie?"

"She's probably still sick."

He nodded, "I'm telling you his stupid plan failed."

"I thought you liked his plan."

"Yeah, but I also liked Jamie's plan, and look where that got us."

"If his mom found out about last night.."

"He's in deep shit right about now."

"Hey, what if she slept naked?"

"Oh, my god, she didn't."

"Oh, if Mrs. Wheeler tells my parents.."

"No way. Mike would never rat us out."

"I don't know."

"All that matters is, after school, the freak will be back in the loony bin, and we can focus on what really matters, finding Will. And without all your sissy shit this time. Jamie can't protect you."

--

--

I was reading one of my comics in my room when suddenly my door burst open. 

"Yo shitwad, wake up!" 

"Do I look like-"

"Listen, since mom and dad are gone I'm having a party. Here's the rules. We will be outside most of the time so just don't make any noise or wander around the house or outside, got it? And I don't care if your gonna sleep or not, just be in your room by the time we get inside and for gods sake, don't leave the house. I may not act like it, but I don't want you to wind up like that missing kid. Oh and one last thing. Don't tell mom and dad. But I figure you know better." He insincerely smiled before slamming the door on his way out. 

"Jesus.."

It's at times like these that I wish I could just live with the Wheelers. But unfortunately, that wasn't an option. With me being sick, my parents being gone, and Will going missing, that simply wasn't going to happen, not anytime soon. Not to mention, me and Mike were getting older. It wasn't long till we can't sleep in those bunk beds anymore.

--

"Hello, ladies."