Roomates.

"You want me staying here?" I asked. My mind curios as to how that would be like. Alex was never close to me. I would feel out of place. It's not like Gabriel would ever do anything? He was a pussy. Never about what he claimed to be.

"Yes Flor. Don't give me none of that you can protect yourself shit." Christian sternly waved his finger at me like if I was a five year old getting told not to touch the sweets. I pursed my lips and gave him an annoyed look. "But I definitely could." That much was true.

Christian had taught me self defense. So had my uncle. They were extremely good fighters and to this day I had never seen them lose a fight. I also knew how to use a gun. I also owned one.

But seriously though. I had grown up around guns and fighting and of course I was taught how to protect myself. And not to be too cocky or delusional but I was good at it. I loved going to the shooting range to get my anger out. I also loved boxing. The only thing that truly soothed my soul and that I found myself passionate about.

I had trained for a few years and I was damn good at it. I worked out regularly if not daily. I lifted weights too. These were all my hobbies and I knew strength was never something I lacked. I was however 5'3 and 120 lbs. I guess I was snatchable or whatever.

"I know you can because I taught you well.. Also because you're a fucking animal who actually likes fighting." he raised his eyebrow at me and gave me a pointed look. "But I have to leave town this week. I never know and until we figure out what to do with that bitch. I don't want you being alone. Neither does uncle." I always listened to uncle. We weren't close emotionally but our bond was strong. He always treated me like the daughter he never got. I knew he'd do anything to protect me. And I understood. Truth be told Gabriel hung around with other opposing people. By opposing people I mean people who were in the rival gangs of my uncle's gang. I don't know if I could really handle myself if 5 big ol dudes with guns came.

"Alright bro. I get it I guess." I sighed and slunk down in the car seat. I rolled my head to the side dramatically. "Oh it's so hard having to live in a million dollar house while there's a beautiful man watching over me- "Do not." Christian pushed my head away and made a disgusted face interrupting my sentence. I smirked and let out a laugh. "Relax. Im kiddingg, I would never get with your homeboyy." I drew my words out exaggeratedly while fidgeting with my phone.

I felt a lot more calmed down from my anger not even 10 minutes ago. I looked straight out the windshield. Blowing my lips out. Hm. I guess it wouldn't be that bad to be here. I was always here anyway. I saw Christian look at me from the corner of my eye. "Mm you wouldn't.." he raised his eyebrows almost like he was genuinely curios about the answer to that question. Like he was trying to figure something out.

Would I? I don't know. I had considered every single one of my brother's friends like my own family. Except for Alex. He was apart of our group and we were like a big family. But he was different. Me and him were never close. I don't even know if he cares about me too much.

"Grey, Kai and Jay it would be impossible for me to see that way. We've always been us you know friends." I didn't say anything about Alex because I'd never thought about it. And I didn't do relationships either. Hm I see how that last one ended up. I push my memories of that back.

The thought of my being woth someone, even liking somoene.. it was uncomfortable. Seemed out of reach for me. It was untangible. I felt out of place with emotion and affection it was never something I could express openly.

"And what about Alex...?" He drew his words out, studying my face intently with his eyebrow slightly raised. "Why are you asking so many questions." I raised my eyebrow back at him. He smirked "Alright whatever. Let's go get your shit so you can get settled in tonight." He started the car and pulled out of the elegant driveway past the tall metal gate that surrounded Alex's house.