Rat

CHRISTIAN
My sister's looking at this dude like she doesn't trust him. So I trust her judgement. Ever since we were fucking young she's had this almost spidey sense with people and their intentions. She use to have dreams of shit before it even happened. My grandmother always told me she had a gift. She thinks this is him. I can see it. He's almost too confident speaking to us.

Like a fake friend. She tells him we've found him and I swear I see relief on his face. So I play along. Flor can handle mind games and people better than me. She was always into psychology. She studied it for a while too. I'm better as the aggressive one to beat the shit out of said bad guy. She relaxes her demanor and sits on a chair next to the table. "Yeah I guess he had someone beat up the truck driver and take his place." she scoffs. She pulls her phone out and scrolls through it. She's acting comfortable so that he can trust we're not thinking it's him. "Pft. How fucked up. Kenny's a nice guy." he shakes his head.

Flor's eyes instantly flicker up to mine as he says that. Got it sis. We didn't tell him who was driving the truck. Best case scenario he just knew who was driving because he was told before the drop happened. I follow my sister's lead. I pull out a pack of candy from my pocket. I push my lips out as a exhale. "He really is. I'm just tired of being here. Hope we can go back home soon." I say. The burly man throws his head back. "Yeaaaahhhh. I been here for a minute toooo." He rests his hands on his stomach. Flor gets up and slides the paper of the man on the table in front of him. "This is the guy he was working with. Old ugly thing." she snickers. "Ooo. Yeah poor guy. What's gonna happen to him now?" he asks. Again with genuine curiosity. He's trying to figure out as much as he can from us too.

"Well he's probably gonna get beat the fuck up. Maybe killed. Most likely actually, see he tried stealing and then was working with people from the inside, I don't think there's much you can do to save yourself from that." Flor's rambling and I can tell she's doing it on purpose. She wants to ask him a question to catch him off guard. "Oh yeah the guy. The um the one in the truck." she says as she snaps her fingers. "The one who stole the truck- " she's making eyecontact and nodding her head.

The burly man's trying to understand what she's saying and nodding along with her. "Yeahh the the guy-" he says.

"Yeah him ! what did I say his name was. I can't think of it." she has her hand laying on the burly man's shoulder. She's mimicking trust in him. " Yeah Ryder. Dumbass fucker he's probably gonna end up dead" He says. He sighs and shakes his head.

Yup. That's the one. Flor smiles softly and nods her head and looks at the man. "Mhmm. Thank you. I just couldn't think of it." He looks at her. There's a smug look in his eye. Behind it I see almost a disgust. A disgust one would have when you have to fake act like you fuck with the opposing gang you're in.

My phone starts to vibrate in my pocket. It's Alex. He should be here soon. "Got to take this." I said. The burly man smiles at me and turns back to Flor.
I slip out into the hallway and answer.
"Yooo."
"Don't leave Flor alone." he grumbles.
"I'm with her now. She actually just found out who our rat was she's in the room with him- "Christian go get her."
"Uh ok. Why tho." I start to open the door again and a piercing sound rings in my ears. A gunshot. It deafens my ears and I lose my hearing for a second. My phone clatters out of my hand as I draw my hands to my head pressing against my temples instinctively. It rings and rings and I feel blinded.

Flor. I hear my uncle and the tattooed man he was with run into the hallway. I push myself through the door and I see the burly man with his hands around Flor's throat. He has her against the table. Almost as if we're in sync me and my uncle pull our guns out. And point. He pulls her up to his body right in front of him. "Fucking shoot me. I dare you." He snarls. There's a rabid look in his eye. He's fucking using her as a shield. Every single adrenaline source in my body pumps. I'm fucking livid. I'm going to gut this motherfucker from the inside out.