chapitre dèije

COLETTE BLANCHET WAS well aware of how to make an entrance. She had been taught proper etiquettes in order to adjust to the socialite world she has been surrounded with. The girl had always been graceful and flawless with her behaviour: avoiding both gossip, and the women with the biggest blabbermouths, like the plague at all costs. Colette's knowledge also stretched to the know-how's of exiting, better said escaping of, formal events she had been dragged along to, vanishing along with her angelic smile into thin air. Reason as to why the brunette could now be found hidden away in an apartment amidst Milan.

"Who do you reckon is going to win?" Pierre Gasly, Colette's partner in crime who had assisted with her escape of the socialite principality, asked as he placed a bowl of salty popcorn on the coffee table in front of the flatscreen. The two friends had been enjoying their weekend off together; both wanted to recharge by doing absolutely nothing before another hectic week of racing and final exams came crashing down on their shoulders.

Colette had never intended to find her way back to the party those days ago. She had never received a text to rescue her French friend from any inconvenience, rather using him to get herself out of one. The moment she was out of his eyesight she had asked the driver of the taxi to let her out, claiming she needed air before paying him for the full ride. Colette, at a time like this, rather walked home to free herself from any confined space where her mind felt too trapped in the situation. As her ankles started to hurt due to her high heels, and chills ran down her arms, the girl ambled on her own through the emptying streets of Monaco. All to eventually tag along to Milan with one of her best friends just hours later.

"Are you serious?" The girl raised her eyebrow at the blond, her eyes swiftly moving between her royal blue football jersey and him. He threw a popped kernel in the air to catch it with his mouth before a grin erupted on his face, displaying the small gap between his front teeth.

"Just making sure," Pierre chuckled as he raised his hands, still filled with popcorn, in surrender. The two were ready to spend their evening with watching the anticipated Champions League final between Manchester City, and Chelsea FC. They had been silent whilst the two English football teams lined up to enter the pitch before Pierre spoke again. "When were you with Charles?"

"What d'you mean?" Colette slowly dragged her eyes from the screen, intrigued how the Ferrari driver could possibly be their topic of conversation out of nowhere. Did things turn sour days prior which made her want to leave the same city as him? Maybe, but her friends were not aware of that situation. Hell, Colette was not even sure how the brunet had managed to get on her nerves even whilst being as far away from her as he was.

"Exactly how I said it," Pierre shrugged with a raised eyebrow, now switching his phone off before laying it in is lap. "I saw a photo from the two of you on different social media accounts appearing."

"You're just on your phones too much," She shook her head, before pointing at him with a scoff. "And that is plural."

"I'm just sending good vibes," He was quick to defend himself, feigned innocence in his tone before he winked at her. "But that's not important now."

"Then what is?" Colette dropped her head on the backrest of the sofa, dark eyes narrowed to analyse the guy next to her. After successfully avoiding Charles for the past few days, she was annoyed with the fact that the Monegasque's name travelled all the way to Milan.

"That Charles asked me for your number." Pierre now turned his crystal blue eyes to the flatscreen as the captains led their respective teams to the field with minutes to go before kick-off. Colette hid her surprise rather well after this new revelation, turning her eyes to the television as well to avoid sudden directness, or a watchful gaze.