10 - the thunderstorm

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" I'M SORRY. "

alexa, play MUM by luke hemmings

^^^^^^

"Hey sweetie," Dad swung around the door frame of my room, a sweet smile on his face. "I have chicken parm for two on the way, if that's okay with you."

Chicken parm takeout is always the best, so I nodded in silent approval of his words. He smiled, spun around to leave, but hesitated, and turned back to face me. I cocked an eyebrow, and he walked over, sitting down on the end of my bed and sharing a smile once again.

"Are you doing okay, Tater Tot?" He asked, and I almost sobbed.

But then I didn't. I mean, I was doing okay, I don't know why I was going to sob. If I did sob, he would comfort me, because whenever I do sob, that's when he does comfort me, and he always does a very good job at that. Maybe he's just asking for purposes of...the current circumstances that have fallen upon Woodsboro again? Yeah, actually, that sounds like exactly why he has just asked me what he asked me.

"Honestly, I'm actually doing-"

The ringing of my phone prevented me from fully answering my question, and after getting over the fear of seeing that it was an Unknown Caller ID, I picked up my phone and let out a breath I didn't even realize I had been holding. It was just Wes. Dad gave me a sweet smile as I picked up the phone, grabbing a pen and writing on the back of a discarded drawing 'I'll let you two talk, text you when it's ready, love you so much'. I almost sobbed again. He's the sweetest father I could ever ask for. "You have another father for me? No, fuck you God, I want this one." is exactly what I would say if approached by God with a new father for me one day.

"Wes, everything okay?" I asked, sitting criss cross applesauce on my bed and leaning back on the frame.

"Yeah, my mum just went out to grab us sushi, just wanted to see how you were doing now. Are you doing okay?" His voice was nice to hear.

"Y'know what, that's funny to me that you asked me that, because my dad just asked me the same exact question, like, not even a minute ago." I pointed out a parallel between the pair, and he let out a dry chuckle.

"Same wave." A beat. "Same concerns."

"Don't." I warned, shaking my head.

"I'm always gonna be concerned for you, Tates. It's what I do, I'm sorry, but it is."

"Alright, fine, but-"