Fixing The Broken

Carlisle p.o.v.

Louise stopped crying but that wouldn't be for long because I was going to have to put casts on her. She needed one on her arm and her ribs needed to be wrapped. I injected her with morphine so it would feel less painful. She actually slowly started falling asleep which would also help on her part and mine. I put the casts on her and it was almost as if she didn't feel it at all. Which is great; I have stopped the physical pain but mental pain is a lot harder to ease. I still had to tell her that Esme was in the other car and had passed as well as her parents.

Louise started waking up and I sped to her side. She tried to sit up but I stopped her knowing that would hurt and I didn't want to cause her anymore unnecessary pain. I have already caused to much pain for both of us.

"Carlisle" She said faintly.

"Im right here" I told her

"Am I okay?" she asked

"I don't know, you tell me."

"No, i'm not" she said "but I will be"

I was so glad to hear her say this. I really wanted her to be okay but there was no way I could keep her happy. There was so much I had to tell her. I sat her up.

"Would you like to come down stairs with me and meet my family?" I offered.

"Of course."

We walked down the stairs together. I held her working arm to help her walk properly. Everyone in the room looked up at us. Emmet, Rosalie, and Edward were the only ones home at the time. This reminded me that I needed to contact alice to see where she and jasper were. I was looking for them when I found Louise. I would like to tell the whole family and Louise that Esme had passed. I was not excited.

"What Is your name?" Emmet said eagerly.

"My name is Louise but you can call me Lou"

Edward just seemed to look down at the ground. He was holding his breath. After all he was the newest vegetarian here. Lou still being human made Edward want to drain her. Rose looked at her almost angrily for reasons that I didn't even understand.

Me and Lou went and sat down on the couch where Emmet was sitting. At that moment Jasper walked in the door holding Alice's hand. He Immediately looked up at me.

"Why are you so scared Carlisle, what's been done?" Jasper asked. He could feel the emotions of everyone in the room. He could also control them. As the tail of his words slipped out of his mouth I felt a rush of calm and reassurance.

"You two should sit down," I said calmly by force of Jasper. Alice then started crying. I had figured she saw what I was about to tell the whole family. Alice could see the future.

"I need to tell you all something. There was recently a car accident that has killed Lou's parents. Something you didn't know was that Esme was in the other car. She didn't make it either. Her head and arm were detached and the car caught on fire." I almost closed my eyes not wanting to see their reactions. They all were sad but not as much as I thought they would be.

Alice looked up at me. "We have known for a while that Esme and Lou's parents were going to end like this. I saw it about seven months ago, I didn't want to tell you because I know you thought you were true mates at the time. It would have killed you."

It hurt that Alice would keep something like this from me and for so long but I knew she was just trying to protect me. I looked over at jasper because he looked the saddest of all considering everyone's emotions were piled on top of him. It made me feel bad.

"Alice, can I talk to you for a second in my office?" she followed me up the stairs.

"Why don't I feel terrible now that my true mate is dead. Why don't I feel like dying?" I begged

"Because Esme wasn't your true mate." She looked excited "Louise Is your true mate."

All I could feel was shock. How could I not have known for so long. I ran down the stairs Vampire fast.

"Lou, would it be possible for you to stay tonight. I just want to make sure your okay" I asked

" Sure I would love to." It almost sounded like she felt the pull of true mates just as much as I did at the moment.

I went and set up the bed in the guest room for her. when I was done I went back out into the living room.

"You can come and get into bed now if you would like." I said graciously

"Okay yea, i'm really tired," She responded

I walked her to her room and sat her on the bed.

"Do you think we could get to know each other more. I have some questions." I said

"Of course, i'm curious myself"

"Okay, Well what is your full name then?" I asked first

"Louise Kayda Elizabeth, Whats yours?"

"Carlisle Cullen"

From here we found out so much about each other. Then she had to ask one thing that scared me but I gave her a truthful answer.

"You and your family act kind of strange. Your really fast and strong. Its almost inhumane. Whats that all about?"

I didn't know how to respond but I wasn't going to lie to my mate.

"You see, Me and the others aren't exactly what you would call human. From your legends we are called vampires. Please tell me your not scared," I desperately chanted

"I'm not afraid. Why would I be scared of you. You and your family have given me no reason to fear you."