Sleep In Memories

Carlisle p.o.v.

I couldn't help but kiss her. The moment our lips touched I fell into such a deep love I didn't think I would be able to stop. Trying to control myself I pulled away from Louise. Her green eyes sparkled in the dim light. I noticed it was starting to get dark so I picked up Louise and ran vampire speed to the top of the spiral ramp. We were at the top in less than seconds and louise looked beautiful with her hair blown into her face. I opened the car door and placed her ever so gently in the seat. I rushed around to the other side and got in. The sound of the door shutting at my strength pulling it with excitement was pretty loud and it scared louise. I picked up her hand and kissed it. She looked over at me and smiled. I started driving but tried to go pretty fast. Louise got really excited about the speed we were going so she rolled down her window and pulled herself up so she was sitting on the door with most of her body outside of the car.

"Be Careful!!" I yelled so she could hear me.

She pulled herself back into the car.

"I won't do it if you think I will get hurt. I trust you." She leaned over and gave me a kiss.

Louise buckled her seat belt and shortly we arrived home. We walked into the french glass doors to a big family yelling "congratulations!!!!!"

"Alice" I said seriously "I wanted to tell them. You need to start saving some of the good stuff for me, okay?"

"Okay, I will try Carlisle. But I couldn't help it," Alice smiled. "And of course, I will plan the wedding!!" Alice squealed

"Okay, but don't go to crazy," I warned her.

"No promises," She winked at me.

I looked over at Lou. she looked really tired. Which was actually great because I had something planned.

"Hey Louise, why don't you go get into your pajamas then come back out. There is something I want to show you." I said

"Okay" She said back with a yawn.

Louise went to get dressed while I went to the closet to get a sleeping bag. I was going to take her up onto the roof so we could watch the stars. She was going to sleep up there while I lay next to her. I took the sleeping bag on the roof and went downstairs to grab a lantern and wait for Lou. She came down the stairs wearing blue fleece pants and a floral tank top.

"C'mon," I said. I flung her onto my back and climbed up to the roof. She jumped off my back once we were standing safely. She looked up and was totally amazed by the view of the stars from up there. Lou's eyes ware sparkling brighter than the stars ever could. I giggled at her reaction. She saw the sleeping bag.

"We're sleeping out here tonight?" She gasped.

"You are. I can't sleep. You know," I said disappointed.

"Oh yea, right. Sorry," She said apologetically.

"Its okay." I reassured her.

She skipped over to the sleeping bag and I followed close behind. I couldn't find her anything but adorable. She climbed into the folded bag and propped her arms behind her head. I lay down next to her of course as I listen to her continues gasps. It was really cute. Lou really loved looking at the stars but she started yawning a lot so I pulled the blanket up over her and got a little closer. Soon she fell asleep. I looked at her beautiful face and wondered what kind of pain she was still hiding behind those sea green eyes. Whenever she looks at me I can see years of pain, suffering, and sadness. I only wish I knew what was keeping her happiness suppressed. I got as close to her as I possibly could to see if I could read her thoughts. I don't have mind reading abilities like Edward but sometimes when I get close enough to the person I can faintly see what is going on in their minds. All I could make out was someone yelling at her. A boy about her age calling her so many bad things. She started crying running away Another person came along hitting her crying again trying to escape her own reality by attempting to kill herself She failed she couldn't do it short flashes of so many more people yelling at her so many times she has had to run away from here problems crying

"STOP!!!!!!" I shouted out loud. I moved away from Louise because I couldn't take seeing that sort of thing happen to anyone. Especially not my Lou.

My shouting woke up Louise.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a sleepy voice.

"No. I'm not okay. I'm not okay because you're not okay."

"I'm Fine. I promise," She said

"No your not. I know that you're not okay. You are far from okay. You need to talk to me. Stop hiding your past from me. I want to know everything. Tell me why you're not okay. please," I begged with invisible tears running down my face.