C6: Midnight Madness

Before this chapter starts, I want to mention something. I got PM'd a message on FanFic by someone who's basically asking "does the Predatrix/Nemetrix affect Ben subconsciously?" The answer is no. That has no way to happen in universe for OSAP. In Ben 10's canon, the Nemetrix couldn't be used by a sapient creature because of the feedback loop. However, in OSAP, that issue was addressed and solved, meaning anything involving the Nemetrix affecting Ben's mind isn't possible. As for why, I plan to explain it when we get to Ultimate Alien.

The Override landed on the ground, a scowl roaring from his throat. He allowed his golden wings to fade back down two feathery capes as yellow electricity danced around him. The three Fulmini looked over to their Override as the Override turned and released an angered bolt towards a rock. A broke apart as the bolt crashed into it.

"Flight Override?" one of the Fulmini started. He breathed in, then released it and turned to the three.

"Yes?" he asked, voice laced with anger.

The Fulmini lifted a poorly put together communication device. "Someone has contacted us," the Fulmini stated, the other two nodding.

-()-

Viktor looked over the Corrodium piece they finally were able to get the mess off of. He ignored sticky webbing piled in the corner of the ship, wrapped in the 'skin' that was around said Corrodium piece. The Transylian ran a hand over it before saying, "This should be enough, as long as I can keep Lord Zs'Skayr from insanity."

"Will we even be able to stay in control if Zs'Skayr goes off the deep end?" Benwolf asked, ears twitching.

The trio was silent. Benwolf's ears pinned back slightly when no one replied.

"We'll address that when we get to it," Viktor eventually said. Benwolf stared at him, ears still. Viktor then looked at M and asked, "We have everything we need except Lord Zs'Skayr's ashes, correct?"

"If we assume his DNA, thus his mind is damaged, then no," M answered. "We need a source that can repair said DNA and, to my knowledge, nothing of that sort exists in the universe. If there has been a time in which an Ectonurite with damaged DNA was killed then re-revived before their DNA could finish repairing, then I am not aware of it."

Benwolf's ears suddenly snapped up and he threw out, "Didn't Zs'Skayr revive without the need of a revival machine or ritual in the first place? Couldn't we use the energy from that?"

"Do we even know what caused him to revive in the first place?" M countered.

There was silence.

"The Omnitrix," Viktor suddenly said. M and Benwolf looked toward Viktor, confusion written on the Loboan's face. "Remember when that Chimera came, saying that she was collecting DNA for a sapient lifeform database her boss was working on?"

"And you are suggesting that said Chimera Sui Generis was collecting DNA for the Omnitrix," M reasoned. Viktor nodded.

"If I had to guess, it would have a failsafe to repair DNA if it was damaged, or replace it with more stable DNA," Viktor continued.

"But how are we supposed to get the Omnitrix?" Benwolf asked.

"Not the Omnitrix itself, the energy it uses," M connected. "If what you are suggesting is correct, Viktor, then some Omnitrix energy should be able to repair his DNA enough to revive him."

"If it has a DNA repair function, yes," Viktor nodded. "You two get the Corrodium ready. I will retrieve the Omnitrix Energy."

"The Override signals," M suddenly said. "One of them has recently moved to the tech dump. The other, however, has not moved, but has a much stronger signal. We might be able to convince them to help us retrieve said energy." Viktor nodded before walking over to a machine next to M.