Ch.13 ~ TS-19

Y/n's POV

The next morning I woke up with Skylla cuddled up next to me. Groggily I sat up hanging my feet over the sofa. My left foot jolted back up when I felt something pressing into the bottom of it. Picking it up I recalled the night before as I stared at my brother's dog tags.

I sighed, running a hand over my face. I untucked my dog tags from my shirt and held them up against my brothers. I ran my thumbs over our DOB. I felt Skylla sit up and rest her chin on my shoulder having sensed my sadness.

I smiled at her before getting up and tucking away the tags, mine back in my shirt while my brothers in the borrowed jeans I was wearing. After brushing my hair and putting it up in a ponytail I decided to go find the rest of the group.

I walked down the halls to the cafeteria where I'd assumed everyone would be eating and getting over their hangovers. I luckily wasn't hungover, having only gotten slightly tipsy from a few glasses of whiskey.

I met Rick on my adventures down to the canteen. We smiled and walked together without a word. We entered the room quietly greeting those in it.

"Are you hung over? Mom said you would be." Carl asks Rick as he sits down in the chair next to Lori who I share a knowing look with and shakes her head.

"Mom is right." Rick said with a smirk.

"Mom has that annoying habit." Lori comments.

I walk over to Glenn who has his elbow rested on the table, a fork in his hand dangling over his plate and his head on his wrist.

"Egg. Powder, but I do them good." TDog said coming out of the kitchen.

I look over at him with a raised brow. "Powdered eggs?" I question. TDog walks over and puts some on the plate in front of me and Rick.

"Never had them before?" Rick asks as I move them about on my plate.

"No...no I haven't, guess that's the perk of being from a farming village. Cattle land has plenty of real eggs. Is this even edible?"

"Of course they are. Go on, take a bite. I bet you can't tell they were made from powder." TDog says loudly next to me making Glenn groan.

I look from Glenn to TDog then the others in the room, I shrug picking up a small piece of scrambled egg on my fork. I took a bite and swallowed. The texture wasn't the best, nor the taste but I guess that's what you'd have to settle for in an apocalypse.

"Feels like I just ate an incredible gone off jelly sweet and rubber mixed in with a plain bland taste." I comment.

TDog looks down at me scoffing before walking around and putting some on Glenn's plate. "Suit yourself."

"TDog I'm just pulling your leg. Considering the apocalypse this here is a first class meal." I say take another bite.

"Watch it girlie, never make fun of a chef's food that brings out their evil side to spit in your coffee." He warns then looks down at Glenn before hitting his shoulder in a bro manner. "Eat up, protein helps the hangover." Then walks off back into the kitchen.

I laugh as I take another bite looking at Jacqui who stood behind Glenn massaging his shoulders. "If you don't want to, then I can go make you a big greasy bacon sandwich with melted butter on the bread and ketch up dripping out the sides.

"Ugh god you're a horrible woman." Glenn said as he tried to hold in the urge to vomit. Jacqui playfully slaps my shoulder and I chuckle.

"Don't ever ever ever let me drink again." Glenn groans out.