Ch.42 ~ Jury

A/n: Slightly shorter chapter... These last three chapter were written as one but it was too long so I've split them up and this part of the story fits under the title hence why it's shorter.

Anyway enjoy.

~ Horizon513

~~~

Y/n's POV

We entered the house passing by a few members of our group who we're huddled on the patio waiting for everyone to arrive. When we walked into the living room Daryl and I moved toward the doorway to the hall and stood lent against the frame side by side.

Rick and the others entered shortly after with Carl trying to hide behind me and Daryl to listen into the conversation. Myself, Daryl and his parents all looked at him, two with stern looks, Daryl with a cocked brown and myself with a smirk. With an upset sigh the boy marched away with me patting his shoulder as he passed by to go find Jimmy.

Once we heard the room Jimmy was in open and close Glenn was the first to break the tense silence which had settled over the living room.

"So how do we do this? Just take a vote?" He said letting it hang in the air to see what the others would say.

"Does it have to be unanimous?" Andrea piped up.

"How about majority rules?" Lori suggests.

"Well, let's just see where everybody stands, then we can talk through the options." Rick says, placing his hands on an old vintage style wooden sofa and turning to look at Dale who stood lent against another door frame diagonal to myself and Daryl and behind Glenn and Andrea.

"Well, where I sit, there's only one way to move forwards." Shane chimed before Dale could speak. Trying to get his say in as per the usual.

"Killing him." Dale exclaimed bitterly at the man. "Right? I mean, why bother to even take a vote? It is clear which way the wind's blowing." His voice trembled slightly as he glared hardly at everyone around the room.

"Well, if people believe we should spare him, I wanna know." Rick said calmly through his voice slightly strained with stress.

"Well, I can tell you, it's a small group... Maybe just me and Glenn." Dale said only for Glenn to slowly look up at the man with a face of guilt. I shook my head knowing what was about to come.

"Look, I... I think you're pretty much right about everything, all the time, but this..."Glenn didn't get to finish explaining himself before he was cut off by Dale.

"They've got you scared." Dale exclaimed, throwing his hands out.

"He's not one of us." Glenn said calmly, throwing his own hand out. "And we've... We've lost too many people already." Glenn said with reasoning.

"How about you? Do you agree with this?" Dale asks, pointing at Maggie.

"Couldn't we continue keeping him prisoner?" Maggie asks, throwing another suggestion into the pile. One of which even myself hadn't considered.

"Just another mouth to feed." Daryl mutters.

"It may be a lean winter." Hershel points out.

"We could ration better." Lori suggests.

"Well, he could be an asset. Give him a chance to prove himself." Dale argues.

"Put him to work?" Glenn asks.

"We're not letting him walk around." Rick quickly says.

"We could put an escort in him." Maggie says.