Chapter 3: The song

Yn's pov

After I finish carving my name in the wall, I notice it's getting dark. Looking up at the sky Newt follows my gaze. The stars are coming out and they are amazing.

"There is a bonfire tonight. We have one every time a new Greenie comes." Newt explains.

"Do I have to go?" I asked.

"I'm sure everyone would love to meet you. I'll make sure they don't overwhelm you."

"Ok. Thanks Newt. Also where do I sleep?"

"Right I forgot to tell you. You will be staying in my hut until yours is built, so you're not with all the guys."

I'm a little nervous about what he just told me so I just nod my head, showing I heard what he said.

We make our way over to the bonfire. I follow Newt over to a log, we sit down, and almost immediately there were people coming over to talk to me.

Two boys with dark hair come over. One has short hair that isn't tamed well. The other has his hair slicked back with way too much hair gel.

Hair gel guy starts talking "hey I'm Minho, and this is Thomas." He says pointing to the other guy.

"Hi" is all I could say.

Newt comes into the conversation "you alright love?"

"Yeah just tired" I reply.

"I can show you where the hut is if you want to go to bed." He offers.

"Yeah. Ok."

You walk with him in silence until you reach his hut. "This is it." He tells me.

"Thanks"

"Goodnight love."

"Goodnight."

Newt leaves and I'm actually not that tired so I start to sing part of a song

A million thoughts, in my head.
Should I let my heart, keep listening?
Cause up till now, I've walked the line.
Nothing lost, but something missing.
Am I, crazy?
Maybe, we could happen. Yeah.
Will you, still be, with me, when the magics all run out?

You stop singing when Minho, Thomas, and Newt walk through the door.

Newts pov

After bringing yn to my hut, I go to walk away but Minho and Thomas are right there to stop me.

"What?" I ask.

"Your leaving her?" Thomas asks.

Before I could say anything, I hear yn singing. Her voice was soft but we could hear it. It sounds like a love song.

The guys and I stand there for a minute before opening the door. Yn looks up at us, clearly startled by us.

I look at her and say "you have a beautiful voice, love."

"Thanks" she replies quietly. She seems embarrassed that we heard her. Why?

Minho whispers I'm my ear. "Stay with her."

Thomas and Minho then leave my hut.

She was finishing putting blankets and pillows down on the ground. I realized she's planning on sleeping on the floor.

"No" I say in a stern voice.

"What?" She asks.

"Your not sleeping on the floor."

"Try and stop me."

She's so different when she's around me, then when she's with the others.

"I will." I reply to what she said.

I throw her over my shoulder and drop her on the bed.

Yn's pov

I said for him to try and stop me so that he would drop it. I didn't expect him to drop me. When he grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder, I was so surprised I had no time to react. As soon as I realized what was happening, he drops me on the bed.

He goes to walk over to the blankets on the floor. I grab him and pull his arm. I don't think I thought it through, because I pulled a little too hard on his arm and he fell on top of me.

Why did this happen? Again?

We both start laughing. His smile is amazing and I feel myself want to kiss him, but I decide against it.

"I'll take the floor tonight" he says.

"Then you can't fight me tomorrow when I sleep on the floor." I tell him.

"Ok. Fine."

He lays down on the floor and I drift off to sleep listening to the sound of Newt's breathing.

Authors note:
Hi I know no one is reading this but if you are, comment some suggestions for my next chapters.