The Nightmare

Yn's pov

I wake up in the middle of the night to Newt screaming. I quickly run over to him and start shaking him to wake him up.

"NEWT! WAKE UP!" I scream.

He sits straight up nearly hitting me in the head. He is sweating, and trembling.

"Newt are you ok? What happened?" I ask

"I'm fine Yn. Go back to sleep."

"No not until you tell me what's going on."

Newts pov

I don't want to tell her, but she is so stubborn. I know I'm not going to win this battle. Why is she so worried about me? I snap out of my thoughts when she speaks again

"Newt are you going to answer my question?"

"Yeah sorry"

I tell her everything. That I have nightmares almost every night. How I don't get much sleep, because I am afraid of getting the nightmares. I even tell her how this one was different. This one was about her.

Nightmare

Yn an I are running in some strange building, I don't recognize it at all. We are both a bit younger, I only know it's her because of her hair and eyes.

Yn is laughing and running around, while telling me "c'mon Newt hurry up!"

I start laughing and run up to catch up with her.

Suddenly a guard stops us and grabs yn's arm. She starts screaming and kicking. I go to help her but another guard grabs me. I struggle in his grip, but it is no use.

Before they take her away she screams "Newt I love you! ALWAYS AND FOREVER!"

The guard hits her because she's screaming. I try and try to get out of his grip but I can't help her. I let her down. This is all my fault.

"Where are you taking her!!" I scream at the guard.

"Somewhere you will never see her again. Well maybe you'll see her but you won't remember her. And she won't remember you." The guard told me.

"No! No! I love her you can't take her away from me!"

"Oh, but I can."

End of nightmare

Yn's pov

I hug Newt. I tell him "I am so sorry that you have to go through this Newt."

"Don't be sorry yn. It's not like it's your fault."

"Newt do you think that was a memory from before the Glade?"

"I don't know YN."

"Ok come sleep next to me for the rest of the night."

"Really? Why?"

"So I can be there for you."

"Ok. Ok. C'mon let's get to sleep.

I lay down next to him and feel his warmth. He makes me feel safe. I soon drift off to sleep once I know he is asleep.