Missing YN

Newt's POV:

They took me from her. I need to save her, but she's probably already gone by now. Plus it's not like I'm getting out of this building anytime soon. The doors are sealed shut. I wonder if it's to keep the cranks out, or to keep us in.

After having a few tests done I walk into the canteen where the others are. Minho walks up to me.

"Hey man, how you holding up?" He asks.

"Alright." Is all I can manage to say, without tears falling down my face.

I miss her, more than I ever thought possible. She's dead and it's my fault. I should have been the one getting hit. I should have jumped in front of that bullet.

As if he knows what I'm thinking Minho tells me. "It's not your fault. Yn wouldn't want you blaming yourself either."

"I just keep on thinking that I should have saved her." I admit.

"Come eat Newt, you need food. You're as skinny as a twig." Frypan says when he sees me.

"I'm not that skinny." I reply.

"Whatever just eat up." Fry proceeds to push food in front of me.

"Where's Chuck?" I ask. I know Yn was like a sister to him.

"He's still testing I think." Thomas answers.

I feel bad for Chuck. He's the only person I think could have loved yn more than me. He looked up to her. Then he saw her get shot, I can't imagine what that did to him. If it's messing me up badly, he's probably worse.

"There he is!" Thomas shouts while pointing to where Chuck is now standing.

He's clearly been crying, his eyes are red and puffy. I walk up to him and hug him.

"Everything will be okay." I lie.

"Do you really believe that?" He asks.

"I'm trying to believe it." I tell him.

"But you loved her, how can you be so calm?" He questions.

"I still love her, and I'm not calm I just put my feelings away till I'm alone and I can let them out." I reply.

"I wish I could do that." He tells me.

"Trust me buddy you really don't." I tell him, then I say. "Let's go eat? Okay?"

"Okay" he agrees.

We eat in mostly silence, except for a couple of kids from another maze who ask questions. They really ask a lot of questions. But this next question hits hard.

"Where there any girls in your maze, or was it just you guys?" Some random guy asks.

"We had one girl in our glade" Minho tells him.

"Where is she?" The random guy presses on.

"She was killed, but trust me she was not weak if that's what you're thinking" Minho replies.

"Was she hot?"

"Shut up! Stop talking about her, she just died and all you want to know is if she was hot?!!"

"Minho calm down" Thomas tells Minho.

"No! I can't calm down. I just lost my best friend! And this guys thinks it's ok to disrespect her!" He yells.

Chuck is now covering his ears and rocking back and forth.

"Minho you're scaring Chuck." I tell him. That seems to calm him down.

"Sorry Chuckie." Minho apologizes.

"It's fine I just wish yn were here. She would know what to do." Chuck says.

"I think we all wish she was here." I tell him.

"Do you think there's a chance she's still alive?" He asks.

"I mean nothing's impossible Chuckie."

"She's out there I can feel it."

"I think I feel it too."

The guards walk us to our bunks. Wow we actually get to sleep on beds instead of hammocks. My bed will be cold without yn next to me. I soon drift to sleep, but I have nightmares filling my mind as I sleep. Most of them about yn.