Epilogue

It was well past midnight when Crow and Dominique finished their story. Mati immediately ordered the two of them to bed. She offered both her room and the guest room to them for the night. Crow took the guest room and allowed Dominique to sleep in Mati's king-sized bed.

Crow woke up around noon the next day to the smell of bacon and pancakes. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and checked his hair in the mirror before leaving to go get breakfast. He entered the kitchen to see Dominique at the table and Mati at the stove.

"Good morning, Sunshine," Mati greeted him.

" 'Morning. The food smells delicious."

"Why thank you."

Crow sat down next to Dominique and waited to be served. Mati gave each of them a heaping plate of breakfast, which they both scarfed down. Crow realized that it was the first decent meal he'd had in nearly a week. He didn't know that he was so hungry until he actually started eating. He wolfed down a second helping, and then a third. He savored the greasy goodness of the bacon and sweet syrup that he'd poured on the fluffy pancakes. It all tasted like heaven.

"Thanks, Mati."

"You better get home, I'm sure your father's worried sick."

"I bet. How long has it been exactly?"

"I'd say about six days."

"Oh! I have to go! I hope he's not too angry with me."

"Good luck!"

Crow walked back into the shop, and Dominique followed.

"Do you need me to come with you?"

"No, I'll be fine."

She grabbed his hands and looked into his eyes.

"Just don't tell him too much. Mortals aren't supposed to know."

"Okay."

"Bye Crow."

"Bye Raven."

Crow looked at her and felt something in his gut. He stood on his toes and kissed her. They stayed like that for what felt like eternity, neither wanting to be the first to pull away. Finally Dominique did, but she quickly embraced Crow in a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, Golden Boy."

"I'll miss you too, Murderer."

"Shut up."

"No, you shut up."

Dominique gave him a playful punch.

"I talked to Mati this morning, while you were sleeping."

"Oh yeah, how'd it go?"

"Turns out she wasn't mad at me, she just wanted me to discover things for myself and not lean on her so much."

"You lean on her?"

"I know! It's crazy right!"

"It is! You're just so.."

"What?"

"Independent and perfect!"

"Aww, come here!"

Dominique kissed him again.

"You better go!"

"Yeah! Don't forget to visit, I wouldn't mind a little magic in my life sometimes."

"Okay! And don't get into any trouble without me!"

"You know I would never."

Crow squeezed her hands quickly before releasing them. He left the shop and walked back to Main Street. He stopped at the stoop of his dad's place and looked back. He took a deep breath and stepped inside.

The End

Thank you to everyone who made it this far! I've started many books, but I never actually thought I'd be able to finish one. This is really special for me. I love the world and characters that I've created, and I would honestly hate to leave them behind. I've currently got a few ideas for a second book, with things that I had originally planned to include in here, but didn't have the space. If you are interested in reading more about Dominique and Crow I would love to know! Please leave and feedback, questions, or comments you have. I love to hear from my readers!