Chapter 2

Lillie finished her ponytail when her bedroom door creaked open. "Eek!"

"Lillie," Gladion started, then noticed her clothes. "...You're not thinking of running away, are you?"

Lillie stuttered to find an excuse. "N-no! These are my... Pajamas!" She insisted, defensively.

Gladion rolled his eyes. "Sure. I know you're planning on getting Ash back."

"I-" Lillie tried to counter.

"I'm coming with you," Gladion demanded.

Lillie looked at Gladion. "What..? Really!?" Her eyes were gleaming.

Gladion blushed slightly, seeing Lillie's enjoyment. "I-I won't let him die without me having another battle with him..."

Lillie smirked, with an I know you think of him as a friend but you're too emo to admit it look.

Gladion glanced at her suitcase, and with a sigh tosses her a pinkish red backpack. "Only take enough things to fit in here."

Lillie nodded.

~

"Runaways!?" Everyone gasped, as Lusamine nodded.

"My babies disappeared last night..." She sniffed.

"Could this be related to why Ash is gone?" Kiawe asked.

Lusamine sucked in a breathe. "About that..."

"Hmm?" Mallow chimed in.

"He..." She let out the breathe she sucked in. "He was taken and paralyzed by an ultrabeast."

Everyone stayed silent for a moment, taking everything in.

"What!?" Kukui broke the silence. "But he's like a son to me!" Tears started to form in his eyes, and Sophocles and Lana led him out.

"Wait!" Mallow piped up. "Remember that place Ash mentioned in his dream? With Solgaleo and Lunala opening wormholes?"

"We could ask them to open one up to save Ash!" Kiawe realized.

Lusamine gasped. "That's brilliant. I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner! Let's go!"