Episode 17

Lillie followed him almost instantly, to find him duck into a cave. She laid by a tree nearby, thinking she should give Ash some time. She also had decided to divise a plan. After what seemed enough to her, she went inside. "Ash..?"

"What do you want!?" Ash snapped, glaring at her. "I'm a bad friend. I get it. Will you leave me be?"

"Ash..." Lillie sighed. Looks like he's still mad. I'll need to scratch that plan... "I never wanted them to say anything like that. I assumed they just needed time, but..."

"So what about you?" Ash sniffed.

"I..." Lillie thought for a moment. "Because... I'm trying to figure out if it would work."

"If what would?" Ash asked.

Lillie chuckled. "Not exactly how I thought I would announce this, but..." She took a deep breathe. "I like you- No, scratch that. I love you. I'm trying to figure out if you'd still like me..."

Ash was shocked. She likes me. Is that what I was feeling..? Love? Ash grabbed her hand. "Lillie."

"H-huh!?" Lillie looked into his eyes.

"I love you too."

Lillie stuttered. "Y-you can't just tell me like that! I-"

"Lillie, stay with me," Ash took a hold of her shoulders.

Lillie took several deep breathes. "Are... Are you serious?"

Ash nodded. "From all the girls I've met that... Now that I think about it, they had crushes on me. Anyway, you're the only one who actually told me. You're sweet... Caring... and Introverted."

Lillie laughed lightly.

"Lillie..." He gripped her hand tighter. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Lillie's heart skipped a beat. "Yes!"

Ash smiled at her.

"Nihilego released my inner demons..." He glanced at her. "But now I have my very own angel!"

And so, the two shared their first kiss together.

Ash was finally happy. Not because of the pills.

He was finally, truly happy.