13 - Yandere Empress X Duke Reader

Requested by @makeCHCl3 Thank you for being my tenth request!!!

Third P.O.V

You know that one classic love story.

In a time during war, love blooms.

A love triangle between the brave commoner, the crown prince, and the future duke.

All gifted with talent, all fighting for their country, and all in love.

The crown prince fell for the brave commoner, as did the future duke, but the commoner only loved one of the two.

The commoner fell for the selfless crown prince, and their mutual love became famous, especially since the war was won.

The future duke had no choice but to give up on the commoner and instead marry for political purposes and inherit the dukedom.

Meanwhile the crown prince became the emperor with the commoner as his empress.

We all assume a happy ending, but do you know what really happened?

.

.

.

"THE EMPEROR HAS BEEN POISONED!!!"

It was a two week morning period before the empress seized power.

Duke (L/N) hugged their 'brother' tightly.

It had been a few years since the war, and the emperor was loved by his people. So the duke had no idea why someone would assassinate him. He had a talent in peacemaking after all, the prince could talk anyone out of killing him!

One thing the duke DID know was that a storm was brewing in the palace.

A few days later duke (L/N) was summoned to the palace for an audience with the empress.

"I greet her majesty the empress."

The duke said while bowing.

"No need for formalities, (Y/N)."