49| Last Preparations

The morning sun of the next day had now arisen. Akame groaned, rising up from her bed as she rubbed her eyes, looking out the window. The bright sun slowly rose, the warmth of the sun's rays gracing her porcelain-colored skin.

She would soon descend her form down to the bed, noticing she was still in the nude due to the activity she had done with her partner last night. Speaking of her partner, he was peacefully sleeping. Throughout the night, after the afterglow of their passionate interaction, he did not once wake up to a nightmare, or any other sort of hallucination. For once, he was able to sleep peacefully. Akame smiled as she lowered herself, tracing her fingers along his chest, which caused him to wake up.

He groggily looked at her, yawning a bit before he smiled at her. She looked beautiful to him, Akira reached a hand up to her to brush some of her hair out of the way of her face.

Akira: "Good morning."

Akame: "Good morning, love."

Akira: "What are you smiling about?"

She sighed contently while she drew herself closer, one of her arms going over his torso as it wrapped around him. Akame laid her head onto his chest whilst Akira kissed the top of her head. She enjoyed the affection he gave, always willing to give the same amount to him, if not more. She let out another content sigh.

Akame: "I was just thinking... If our mornings could be like this every day when we wake up. It's like I can truly relax without having to worry about anything."

Akira: "What kind of things?"

Akame: "Everything... The war... The Minister... The corruption... Esdeath. I wish our circumstances were different. I just want to lie down in bed... Here with you." (sigh) "Must we really get up?"

Akira: "Unfortunately, it is eventually something we will have to do. The final battle fast approaches."

Akame: "I suppose... It's still the early morning."

Akira: "And?"

Akame: "I wonder how we can spend it. We're still in bed right here, and..."

Her voice trailed off, lifting her head up to give the teen below her a seductive grin. The boy chuckled as he brought her closer to him, Akame soon climbing on top of him and then capturing his lips again.

The two once again enjoyed another passionate session, spending whatever time they had left before they headed off for the battle. After all, this may be the last time they may have such a moment together before the war ends... Perhaps even after the war.

---

Imperial Capital, Capital Parade Grounds

Two Revolutionary Army spies could be seen hiding in an area that blocked their way into the arena. Their faces were ones of shock and fear, clearly in disbelief at what was forming.

Spy 1: "I can't believe it. The Empire still has this much power!"

 The Empire still has this much power!"