Chapter 1

"I thought you loved me!" I cried as Randy walked away from me to his red truck in the pouring rain after dumping me. Even though I was right in front of my house I felt like I was stranded in the middle of nowhere. Randy turned around, a flicker of hope sparked, was he going to say he was kidding? Is he going to say he was sorry and take me back?

"You thought wrong, Amanda," Randy said hopping into his truck, leaving her standing outside her house in the cold hard rain.

"Sweetie," My dad said from the doorway of the red door me and mom painted before...

"Come in sweetie," He called with concern. I pulled in all the dignity i could muster and walked inside my home. It was a two story yellow house with a red door and shutters, it was all the home I could have asked for.

"What's wrong?" My dad asked, his blond hair was streaked with grey and white. His face weathered with age, I ignored his question and marched upstairs to my room. I flopped on my bed and sobbed, ignoring my sopping wet clothes sticking to skin making me feel like I was on an iceberg.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

I checked my phone to see who was calling me, it was Opal, my most hated enemy who somehow got my number.I picked up."Hey Opal," I sneered, hoping she didn't hear the sadness still in my voice.

"Hey Amanda," Opal sneered back. "I got a new boyfriend, want to guess who?"

I nearly dropped my phone."No...," I answered

"Yes," She replied, I could tell she was smirking.