King

I was trying to think of an excuse to tell the woman sitting at the front desk when I walked out of the stairwell carrying Felix. But by the time we got down there, she must have been in the bathroom or somewhere else because she wasn't there. I was thankful for that.

Walking out of the doors of the building, I readjusted Felix in my arms. He had fallen asleep after crying so much and trying to fight me to get away.

When I got to his car I gently shook him, "Felix, where are your car keys?"

He didn't say anything, but he clumsily reached into his jacket pocket and brought out his keys.

I grabbed them and then set him down, my arm still around him in case he was too tired to stand. I unlocked the car and helped him get inside and get buckled, then I went around and got in the driver's seat.

He had fallen asleep again so I shook him, "Hey, where do you live?"

He waved my hand away and fell back asleep.

I rolled my eyes and shook him a little harder, "Felix, I can't take you home if I don't know where you live."

Eventually, he mumbled out his address and I put it in my phone's GPS and drove away.

As I drove I glanced over at Felix a few times. He had a slight pout on his face but he seemed much more peaceful while he was asleep, which was good. I may have been half-demon but I still had some human emotions-- I felt bad for him. It must have been rough losing your best friend and only friend at eighteen.

We arrived at his house at almost eleven o'clock and I saw a light on so I was hoping there was a person awake in there.

I got out of his car and grabbed him from the passenger seat, carrying him bridal style again because it was easier. I went up to the door and rang the doorbell. Then I put his key back in his pocket before I forgot about it.

A woman answered the door, she looked worried already, but when she saw Felix asleep in my arms she looked more panicked.

"Felix? Oh my goodness, what happened to him?"

"He's asleep, he had a tiring night. Can I lay him down somewhere? I'll explain everything that happened."

She nodded and moved aside so I could walk in. She lead me to his bedroom where she moved his blankets and after I laid him down she covered him up. Then she lead me downstairs where we sat next to each other at the kitchen table.

She grabbed my hands with hers, "Please tell me what happened to my son."

**

Felix's POV

I opened my eyes slowly and raised my hand to block the sun so it wouldn't shine in my eyes.

"You're awake, good."

I looked over to my right and saw my mom sitting at my desk with a book in her hand.

"Mom? What are you doing in here?" I looked at the clock, "Oh my gosh, why didn't you wake me up? I'm late for school!"

I went to get up but she came over and sat on the edge of my bed and made me lay back down, "No, sweety, I called you in sick. You need to rest today."

"But w-"

The memories from yesterday started coming back.

People kept talking about Mattie, about how he was too young to die and stuff like that... but then other people accused him of doing bad things. I got mad and yelled at them which made me go to the principal's office. I got in trouble. Then the same people kept bugging me for the rest of that day. I got really sad and I went to the first big building in the city I saw. I was about to jump, to be able to see Mattie again. But before I got the chance, someone wrapped their arms around me and pulled me away from the edge. They held me close to them so I couldn't get away and told me Mattie didn't want me to die. It was King... he saved me. I couldn't remember anything else after that, I was too out of it.

"How did I get home?"

"A boy from your school drove you home in your car. He told me what happened. I'm so sorry that you felt so sad you tried to take your own life, sweety. Please please tell me whenever you feel like that. I know life has been rough for you recently... but I am always here for you. Okay?"

I nodded, giving her a hug, "I'm sorry, mom. I won't do that again."

She pulled away and smiled at me, "I was thinking. Today is going to be a rest and mental health day, wanna lay on the couch and watch movies with me? I can make popcorn and get every blanket in the house for us."

I smiled, "Yeah, I'd like that."

**

I walked into school the next Monday and felt really awkward. No one knew of my... struggle last Thursday night. Except for the school counselor and King. But I still felt awkward. And I hoped that the people from that day didn't mess with me again.

I found myself searching the halls for King unconsciously. I needed to thank him... but I wasn't sure how. He was infamous for being a loner and a hothead at times. But the day before... he was different.

When I spotted him, I tensed up but got the courage to walk up to him.

"King?" I said, walking up behind him.

He turned around and looked down at me (I'm not short, he's just really tall), "Yeah?"

I noticed people were staring at us but I chose to ignore them, "I wanted to thank you... for what you did for me the other night. If there's any way I can repay you, please let me know."

He shook his head, "You don't owe me anything."

"O-okay, well thank you again..."

I awkwardly walked away and I felt everyones' eyes on me as I walked to my first class... even King's.