Love

"I'm sorry," I heard him mumble into my neck.

I smiled and stroked his hair, "It's alright. You were trying to protect me."

After the incident, I drove him back to my house and demanded we cuddle until he calmed down and then for the rest of the day. I laid down and had him lay beside me, where he rested his head on my shoulder and put his arm across my tummy. I had both of my arms wrapped around him, stroking his hair to soothe him.

"I know but I shouldn't have let myself get that angry. It's just when he said-"

"Shh," I said, interrupting him, "don't think about it anymore."

I felt him place a small kiss on my neck, which made me smile.

"My big baby," I whispered, teasing him.

He laughed lightly and poked my side, causing me to let out a squeal, "Watch it or I'll punish you."

I giggled, "Okay, okay."

**

I felt something tickling my cheek and reluctantly opened my eyes.

I was shocked when I saw King laying beside me, he was tracing random patterns on my cheek and watching me sleep.

My face went red and I covered myself with my blanket, "Stop staring at me."

He uncovered my face and I saw his cute smile, "Why? You're my boyfriend, I'm allowed to stare."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What happened to the tough King? You're being all sweet, I'm not used to it."

He smirked, "Want me to be tough?"

I giggled, "No no, it's fine. Hey... I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Yeah?" He asked me.

I lightly bit my lip, nervous to talk about it, "You mentioned it before kind of and I know you wouldn't do anything if I said no, but..."

He lightly pushed some of my hair out of my face, "I think I know where you're going with that. It's okay if you're not ready, I can wait. I won't ever do anything to make you uncomfortable. Okay?"

I nodded, my face turning pink.

We laid there for a while, just staring at each other and snuggling. It was amazing.

He poked my cheek, "Hey, wanna go on a date?"

I smiled, "Where?"

He gave me an evil smile, "It's a surprise."

He didn't tell me what he was planning, only that I should get up and fix my hair cause I had bed head, and go downstairs when I was ready. He told me he was gonna teleport to get something from his house and then get his car and he'd be ready to take me somewhere.

By the time I was ready, it was around two in the afternoon. After we left school we snuggled for a while and fell asleep, then talked for a bit. Time had passed really fast.

There was a honk outside and I smiled to myself as I walked out to his truck and hopped in.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going now?"

"Nope."

My stomach chose that time to growl and I giggled, "At least tell me food is involved."

He smiled and poked my belly, "Yes, food is involved."

I smiled and held his hand like we usually do in the car.

We drove for maybe half an hour before I saw beaches.

I turned excitedly in my seat, "You're taking me to the beach?"

He just glanced at me with a smug smile and I continued to practically vibrate in my seat from excitement. 

I never got to go to the beach much because my mom was busy with work when I was a kid, and I had been busy with school.

He parked the car and magically pulled a picnic basket from the back of the car that I didn't even notice.

I smiled widely, "A beach picnic? Awesome!"

We got out of the car and he came around to my side and grabbed my hand, linking our fingers, "C'mon, I have a special spot."

We walked for a little while, I took my shoes off so I could feel the sand between my toes.

Eventually, we got to an area that was really pretty, and there wasn't anyone there so we got to be alone.

King threw down a picnic blanket and set the basket down before we both sat down, knee-to-knee because we could.

I leaned over and hugged him, "This is awesome! Thank you, King."

He smiled, "I'm glad you like it. Now, let's eat before your stomach eats itself."

My stomach grumbled again and we both laughed as we opened the picnic basket.

We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and some apple slices, with water bottles. It was really yummy, and we goofed around and talked as we ate. It was so much fun and my heart felt so full. It was the happiest I had felt since Mattie passed.

I hugged his arm and laid my head on his shoulder, "Today has been so much fun."

He grabbed my hand and rested his head on mine, "Yeah, it has."

I could feel my heart beating quickly in my chest, my heart was bursting with the feeling of love and I wanted so badly to say it to King. But I was nervous. I knew I couldn't scare him away, he was a freaking demon after all, but I was still nervous.

We ended up spending the rest of the day at the beach, I had King do his demon magic and transport to a store to get me sunscreen because I was pale and burned easily. 

We watched the sunset, walked along the water edge, and talked about everything and nothing. It was the best day of my life.

It had gotten dark and King said he had one more surprise for me so we walked back to our picnic area where we still had the blanket laid out.

He told me to close my eyes and lay down.

I giggled, "Are you gonna murder me or something?"

He poked my cheek, "Yes, now do what I said."

I giggled again and sat down and closed my eyes before I laid down. I felt him lay down beside me and he scooted closer to me and had me lift my head and rest it on his arm.

"Can I open my eyes yet?"

"Go ahead," he whispered into my ear, causing me to shiver lightly.

I opened my eyes, "Wow... so beautiful."

In the sky, there were millions and trillions of bright stars. Way more than I could ever see from my neighborhood.

"Just like you," he said softly.

I turned my head and smiled at him, "Hush."

He smiled and continued to stare into my eyes while I continued to stare into his. I could see the reflection of the stars in his dark brown eyes and I couldn't look away.

"King..."

"Hm?"

I rolled on my side to face him, "I'm totally in love with you."

He continued to just stare into my eyes for a few moments before he pulled me on top of him and hugged me close, "I'm in love with you too, Felix."

A wide smile took over my face and I felt tears of joy falling out of my eyes as I hugged him back, snuggling my head in the crook of his neck.

I was so happy.