Tablet of Destinies

The night following Gorgon's attack was one of rest. Though Y/n couldn't help but feel melancholic about losing not just Leonidas, but Ushiwakamaru as well.

Currently, the magician was drinking some wine inside the Eanna temple with Shamhat. As it turned out, sacred prostitutes weren't just about the fucking. They actually had a number of roles within Uruk. Gilgamesh had sent one of Shamhat's fellow Harimtu to the home of one of the soldiers to act as a midwife for the soldier's wife who had gone into labour.

Shamhat was mostly quiet, however she decided to address one of her concerns based on a rumour she had heard.

Shamhat: "... You were on the front lines, yes? Tell me... Is it true that Enkidu has forsaken us?"

Y/n sighed gently. He had to think of how best to describe the position Enkidu was in.

Y/n: "... Yes and no. Enkidu himself has not forsaken humanity, instead an entity known as Kingu has decided to pilot Enkidu's body."

Shamhat: "... I knew it. Enkidu would never turn his back on humanity. This puts my mind somewhat at ease."

Y/n gave no immediate response, his mind was fixed solidly on how best to handle Gorgon. She was nothing like the servant he knew from Fuyuki. Something caught Y/n's eye as he thought to himself and he immediately fired one of the chains of heaven at it. Shamhat jumped out of fright until she looked at where the chain had fired.

A Gallu spirit had been lurking just behind her, likely waiting for a chance to strike.

Shamhat was oddly calm about the situation as the spirit faded away. However she looked at Y/n's arm with curiosity.

Y/n: "Before you say anything, my arm is pseudo prosthetic."

Shamhat: "Pseudo... Prosthetic?"

Y/n nodded and rolled his sleeve up, revealing the point where his flesh had been severed and the mud of the gods had merged with him.

Y/n: "My arm was cut off in the fifth holy grail war. Shortly afterwards I was payed a visit by myself from the near future. I gave myself this arm, though it wasn't really an arm at the time, it was just a lump of clay."

Shamhat's eyes widened. She knew exactly what that meant.

Shamhat: "Then... That arm is-"

Y/n: "It was once part of Enkidu."

Shamhat was surprised, but she reached out and gently held Y/n's hand in her own. Closing her eyes for a few moments, she took a deep breath and smiled.

Shamhat: "It's more rugged than his. But... Yes, this is definitely Enkidu's clay."

Y/n remained quiet until the door of the chamber opened and Archer Gilgamesh stepped inside.

Shamhat: "K- King Gilgamesh!"

Gilgamesh: "Y/n, come. I wish to speak with you in confidence."

Y/n nodded before thanking Shamhat and following Gilgamesh as the two walked around the city.

Y/n: "So what is it you want to discuss?"

Gilgamesh: "My caster self grows weak. At his current rate, he will die from exhaustion."

Y/n: "That can happen to him!?"

Gilgamesh: "Not normally, but with the unusually high numbers of Gallu spirits around Uruk as of late, it is likely that they are to blame for this situation. You are going to Kutha tomorrow, yes?"

Y/n: "Yeah, Caster wants us to collect the tablet of destinies or something like that."

Gilgamesh: "Hm. Then you should adhere to his quest. However I shall add a side-objective as you tend to call it."