Primordial Mother

As the Hanging Gardens lumbered towards Uruk, Shamhat took a moment to gaze out across the land as they flew. She looked across the fields and in the distance, she could see the city getting ever closer.

???: "Beautiful, is it not?"

The harlot spun around before coming face-to-face with Tiamat. Shamhat had not been told who this woman was, as such she spoke in a more casual tone.

Shamhat: "I do not think we have been introduced. I am Shamhat, divine harlot of the Eanna Temple in Uruk."

Tiamat: "Divine... Harlot?"

Shamhat: "Indeed. It is a position in the temple wherein I give those that pray to the goddess Ishtar her divine blessings."

Tiamat: "Ishtar... Goddess of love and of war. Ah, you participate in sacred acts of mating, yes?"

Shamhat: "Yes, that's right. I am also the one on whom Enkidu based his form when he was still with us."

Tiamat flinched. Kingu was using Enkidu's form as his own, if Shamhat knew of that, she would likely be hurt by such news.

Shamhat: "But, that's enough out of me. Who might you be?"

Tiamat: "Oh, where are my manners? I am Tiamat."

Shamhat's eyes shot wide open upon hearing that name. Her knees gave out and she collapsed to the ground as she gazed up at the primordial goddess.

Tiamat quickly moved to pick her off of the ground.

Tiamat: "I imagine it must be quite the shock, suddenly meeting the mother of the gods like this."

Shamhat: "I- I was in your divine presence and spoke so... So casually! I must make amends for such a transgression! Oh, by Ishtar I could just curl up and die right now..."

Tiamat laughed before taking Shamhat's hand in her own.

Tiamat: "You needn't think of me as a goddess to be worshipped, Shamhat. I'd rather you think of me as your mother. After all, what is a mother if not a child's most trusted friend and ally?"

Shamhat was still in a state of shock as Tiamat smiled gently at her. Semiramis' voice then echoed throughout the gardens.

Semiramis: "Could one of you boys go see whatever the hell that annoying thing is buzzing around my gardens? It's been tailing us for the past five minutes. Y/n, go tell it to piss off or something."

Gilgamesh's voice was the next to ring out from nearby.

Gilgamesh: "Ah shit! It's the whore!"

Next to speak was Y/n.

Y/n: "AIGHT! CAPTAIN! GET THE BOAT!"

Shamhat: "Who are they talking about?"

Tiamat: "Hm. It seems my daughter is here. Well, more like my granddaughter, but close enough."

Shamhat was still in shock about Tiamat's reveal when someone landed nearby.

???: "S- So you really have awakened..."

Shamhat looked over and the woman she saw looked back at her.

Tiamat: "Hello, dear Ishtar."

Shamhat was in a stunned silence. She was standing in the presence of not only Tiamat, but also Ishtar.

Ishtar: "Hey, isn't that woman from the Eanna temple? Shamhat, right?"

Shamhat was too stunned to speak, she only nodded slowly.

Tiamat: "Do take it easy on the girl. You are her patron deity after all."

Ishtar looked at Tiamat, confused as to why she wasn't doing as a beast of humanity usually did, which was destroy humanity.