Monika x AJ (💚Monijuice❤️): Gifts (Part 1)

AN: Drawing made by JustAFriendlyChild (sorry for using old ones).

Third Person POV

Monika pressed her cheek against the fluffy pillow that she rested her head on, feeling a sort of comfort from it. Her neck gave her trouble the past night, so she tried her best to ease the top half of her body.

It had been morning by then, she could tell, but Monika didn't want to start the day just yet. She tried to distract herself back to sleep for more function. The function she needed through out the day or the pain would get worst.

Luckily, she found a sweet spot on her pillow which felt nice against her neck. The slight cooling from the unused side of the pillow felt wonderful once the skin touched it.

Monika slightly hummed a relieving sound that escaped her lips. She gently bobbed her head up and down against the cooling side of her pillow. It washed away the troubles that were once eating at her neck.

"This feels... nice," Monika said to herself in her own boxed room. It has been a long time since she said those words out loud to herself. She wasn't complaining in the slightest.

Since she's found her comforting spot, she felt as she didn't want to get up at all today even if it would be untrue later on. She couldn't help it, her bed was so warm... and soft... and nice—

The relaxing silence of the room soon broke once someone opened the door of her room.  "Good morning, Moni!" in came her beautiful, beautiful fiancée, AJ.

Monika immediately shot up from her bed, scared as ever can be since her sleep had been interrupted.

"Aah! I'm so sorry I disturbed you!" AJ said while slightly voice cracking, she could tell Monika was at peace in their bed.

"You scared the shit out of me," Monika put a hand over her chest to calm her throbbing heart beat.

"Sorry again! I didn't mean to!" the white blonde apologized over and over without realizing her own patterns.

"I just wanted to surprise you with a little something," AJ revealed a large tray she was firmly gripping in her hands, with an assortment of goodies spread across the top.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Monika was shocked by the sudden change in her fiancée's voice. She had totally forgotten today was the big day of love hearts and romance. Which is ironic because it's her favorite holiday.

"Oh my god," the brunette said. What she could make out on the tray was her favorite types of candy. Types of candy that made her feel even more guilty.

"I tried my best to remember all your favorites and I did! Here—" AJ placed the tray over Monika's lap and began to list off all the material that was resting on top. "Here's your most favorite Hersheys chocolate bar, Mike and Ike's, Boba Tea to wash it all down, and a little health on the side! Apples!" Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Monika was struck with a bunch of overwhelming feels she couldn't comprehend, as if her emotions where battling against one another inside of her. "Oh my god," the brunette repeated once before.

"AJ... I-I really don't know what to say..." you could tell from her voice she was really thankful for what's been put in front of her.

"You don't have to say anything, it's ok! Just enjoy it," the white blonde came closer to her lover to give her a calming side hug that felt very welcoming. AJ whispered saying, "Plus I know you like it anyway."

Monika pressed her dimpled cheek against AJ's by cupping the other side of her face, savoring the moment. "Mhm..." she hummed.

Our favorite apple girl was the first to let go of this heartwarming hug that went on for a few seconds longer.

"If you need anything else, I'll be playing with Fedora! Happy Valentine's Day (again)!" AJ quickly gave a quick peck on Monika's lips, then headed for the door.

"I will, Love. Have fun..." the brunette spreads a slight grin across her face as AJ left the room.

Once she left, Monika's face immediately went down to a frown. "I'm an ass," Monika thought to herself as she stared at the red apple that was in the right corner of her tray.

"She tried so hard for you, why couldn't you do the same?" she grabbed the apple first off her tray and took a big bite out of it.

"You have to get her something later. You just have to!" Monika took another bite of her apple, it tasted as amazing as she imagined it to be. She had no understanding on how she'd beat this, but she was willing to try.

For AJ.