Kai x Azur (🟤Kac🔵): Sweater

Third Person POV

It was a chilly winters night and Azur was bundled up in her blanket watching one of her many television shows. She was curious about a new show she wanted to watch, so the dark-hair was fixated on the screen to see if the show was actually good.

It wasn't that half bad in her eyes. She loved the main protagonist and she thought... he was good looking too. In fact, he reminded her of someone she knew. He had hair that drooped just to his shoulders, he had a taller figure, and he had dark eyes.

The way his facial features were shaped immediately caused her to think of only one person. Her partner Kai.

Everything felt the same while looking at this character, she was scared she would have a panic attack if the show even dared to cut to another person. Luckily, it didn't.

Throughout the show, Azur zoned out a few times because she couldn't keep her eyes off of the protagonist.

There was one scene where the protagonist was stuck in a cliche fighting arc, but he did something she did not expect. He started to dash towards the villain, bringing his blade out from his scabbard. Azur assumed the protagonist was undoubtedly going to pull out a katana, but that was not the case this time.

Instead of meeting her expectations, the protagonist slipped out a gun from his scabbard, shooting the antagonist through the chest.

"What!?" This action of his forced Azur out of her blanket and two feet onto the ground; it startled her.

"This is a comedy!?" Raising her hands in front of her, the dark-haired went from cozy in her blanket to shivers going up her spine. She was always a cold-blooded soul since birth, so it was hard for her to stay out in the cold. Fall was just right for her, but she could never do Winter. She will freeze like no tomorrow.

The chatting of Azur's teeth sent her to flip back around in her natural habitat. She fluffed the designed pillow on the living room chair, allowing the blanket to hug her body. It trampled her need for warmth as her body began to heat up again.

Sighing, Azur was startled when she heard someone knocking on the door. "Oh, who is it now? It better not be that kid selling me apples again," the dark-haired female wasn't getting up if she wasn't wrapped in her burrito, so she brought the blanket with her towards the door.

It was too dark for Azur to look outside the door, so she simply opened it. She forgot to pause the television, but she was sure whoever she made eye contact with wouldn't mind it because...

"K-Kai?" She was stunned to find her partner at her house at this time. It was super late and she didn't ask them to come over? Was Kai in trouble? By the look on their face it didn't seem like it. Wait. The taller person didn't show any emotions on their face anyway.

"Hey, Azur. Can I come in? Sorry for coming by so late," Kai's face was stagnated, but their voice's caring tone stood out more. Their hands were behind their back, leaving Azur to question what was happening.

"O-Oh. Sure. I mean, of course," the shorter female motioned out of the way for her partner to be able to walk in.

Kai saw their girlfriend swaddled in a oversized blanket, making their surprise gift even more related. "You can let go of the cover now," Kai chuckles without any outward emotion showing. It looked silly to see them let out the noise without smiling.

"N-No thank you! It is too damn cold!" Azur dramatically plopped her lower half onto the living chair again, refusing to let it go. "Why did you drop by? I-It must be below 20 out there!" The dark-haired female urged her partner to close the door, and they respectfully done so using their foot.

The protagonist in the show walked in while a frog was jumping from his hair and into the main girl's hair. She started screaming, running from place to place until she plopped herself on the floor, watching the frog hop away happily.

Kai ignored the comedic show and answered their girlfriend. "I made you something... and I couldn't wait until tomorrow..." they said, looking away from Azur's gaze.

"Y-You made me something? What is it?" Azur's ears perked up and her eyes brows rose at the thought of Kai giving her a present.

"It's a little hobby I picked up back at training camp, but here it is," Kai pulled his arms from behind his back to reveal a bluish sweater with a cozy atmosphere steaming off it. The dark-haired gaped her mouth open with the same stunning look as earlier.

"I noticed you don't keep around a lot of long sleeves, so I knitted you a sweater," unbelievably, Kai awkwardly curved one corner of their lips into a tiny smirk. It was vague, however noticeable.

"Aw... Kai..." this time Azur did not bother to drag her blanket along with her, instead she unhooked the cozy cavern away from her body, then she hugged whatever she could on her partner's body. She ended up grabbing their waist.

The protagonist gifts the main girl a pat on the head where the frog sat, then the main girl gave him a hug. Who knew that frogs and 'swords' could be this emotional?

"Thank you for the gift... I think it's just what I need," Azur buried her face in the baggy sweater Kai too was wearing, enjoying the warmth radiating from them. More heat bursted out, but not from Kai's body, it was coming from their face. Their face had a line blush going across their cheeks and their nose as well.

"Y-Yeah. Of course," the taller person gave their girlfriend a pat on the head while holding onto the sweater in the other hand.

Eventually, the two lovers pulled apart since Azur was eager to try on her new sweater. "Can I try it on?" She asked, putting her hand on top of the clothing.

"Yeah. I can make us some hot chocolate while you get settled," Kai hands their girlfriend her hand-crafted clothing before looking for the kitchen. They wanted to check to make sure if she even had hot chocolate.

"I... have a few boxes in the pantry. Thanks," of course she did. This was her favorite drink after all, so Kai didn't know why they even asked?

While Azur was layering up, Kai found the choco mix to get it started and cute mugs. They found it adorable how she had cartoon characters from different shows on her mugs. It was so like her.

Azur forgot the TV was playing once she realized she missed the whole episode. Oh well. It was worth it if it meant she saw Kai. She grazed around to feel the yarn of the sweater and the detail they put into it. This really means a lot to her, she hoped she could pay them back one day.

The dark-haired rewinded the show back to where she missed. She decided to give it another go.

"Your mugs are adorable," Kai comes back into the living room with two cups steaming at the top. Azur smiled at that compliment. "Thank you again. Would you like to come watch... since it's late and all?"

"I don't see why not," the taller person inwardly smiles, admiring  how great Azur looks in the sweater; she looked even more adorable than the mugs.

"What's the show about?" Kai set both mugs on the coffee table, then they unconsciously wrapped their arm around Azur's hips. She paid no rejection to it.

"I can honestly say I have no idea," as her partner chuckled at the remark, she laid her head on their shoulder to feel the sweater weather heating up between them. Their sweaters rubbing against each other is something she needed.

Drinking her favorite drink and spending time with her favorite person.

What more do I need?