Chapter 1 ~Ichijou Shoji~

Shoji, the young man who was hit by the truck, opened his grey cat eyes. He was now in a white room.

It was a slightly glowing white room. There were no windows, no doors, no way in or out. But it wasn't empty.

He was laying dow on a bed. It was really soft, and if he closed his eyes, he'd be asleep in a few seconds. It was all white, and bright.

He frowned - 'Where am I?' He thought.

He supported himself up and sat down on the bed to look around. There were other things aside from the bed. A round table, grey couches, a beautiful purple flower he did not recognise, a soft light blue rug right underneath the aforementioned items.

However, none of those caught his attention. It was the floor.

Shoji's expression did not change, however his eyebrows raised ever so slightly, and fingers were shaking.

"What crazy place am I in?" He pondered.

The reason for his shock was understandable.
The floor looked like it was transparent, with millions of worlds, stars and meteors floating about, making a beautiful scenery.

Anyone would be quite shocked at this sight.

'Am i dreaming?'
Shoji lifted his hand and pinched himself.
Hiss~

'I'm not dreaming. Then where am I?'

Shoji calmed himself, with only a frown on his face, looked around. He tried to remember what had happened to him before he woke up.

(Flashback)

Ichijou Shoji was a 19 year old, currently in university. He was the only child of a wealthy, powerful family.
He was happy with his life, he had amazing looks, perfect grades, was rich, but he could not get his parents attention.
It was not that they did not love him, it was more they couldn't make time for him.
Which in turn, made them slowly indifferent towards him.
Thus, they left him to the servants, who only did their job and never gave any special attention to Shoji.
He was always, from his childhood to now, trained to inherit his family business.
He was not against it, in fact, he found it fun.
Later, he found a new interest, video games. It started with his closest friend introducing him to them.
And he slowly ended up being obsessed with them.
No matter what interest he had, he was always top of his class.

He was visiting his friend on that day to play video games together. After which he returned home in the rain, with the umbrella given to him by his friend. He was not paying much attention to his surroundings, and only stopped at a crosswalk.
After the signal turned green, a few people started walking, which he noticed, and followed. He was pretty slow, but it did not block others way across.

As he was focused on his own thoughts, he did not notice the truck coming his way. He only realised, when it was a few inches away. Before he could realise, he was hit. Not that he could do anything in that short amount of time.

He could feel his body turning cold as it lost blood. He could hear peoples screams, voices, them calling an ambulance, the rain. He couldn't see much other than red. He was slowly dying. As he closed his eyes he thought - I couldn't finish the new quest...

(End of Flashback)

Shoji finally remembered that he was supposed to be dead.
'Then why am I.. here? I'm dead, so is it heaven? Looks a bit too simple for that.'

As Shoji pondered over where he is, he did not notice the 'being' that appeared in front of him. The 'being' was seemingly a white light.

Ahem