Chapter 13 ~a part of the past(2)~

Amarille, the vice guild master, had been waiting for an estimated 25-30 minutes. She was quite bored, which could be seen on her face. She ever so elegantly sat next Noah, tapping her finger on her cheek. She was focused on Noah, waiting for him to wake up.

'Though it worries me that he has yet to wake up, his fever had subsided quite a bit!' In the past few minutes, Noah's fever had subsided, though little, was much better than when he had first been brought here.
Amarille stood up, and went to get a book, and sat back down next to Noah. Her long, slender fingers moved to slowly turn the pages to a bookmark. She relaxed, leaning back, sinking into the soft couch. Her legs were cursed over each other, portraying an extremely confident woman. It looked pretty much out of a painting, if not for Noah being sick.

"Ugh~!"
Noah's voice sounded. It was extremely hoarse, due to his sickness, and made Amarille alert. She looked at him, concerning appearing in her eyes. "Young master Noah? Are you awake?"
She asked with a quite voice. No reply came from Noah, except for a few soft groans.
'He seems to not have awakened yet. I wonder what's happening? Maybe he's dreaming? A nightmare?'

She frowned, contemplating - "Should I call the Lord? What if there is nothing wrong? Wouldn't he be angry, that person is crazy when it comes to young master, after all!"

She looked at Noah, and decided to wait for a few minutes, to see if anything worse happens. She was ready to keep everything under control, if something does indeed happen, when-

*Bang*

The closed 'bookshelf', with a staircase leading below, opened up.

The three who had gone down - Arteus, Karm, Flardryn had come back, and this time with a new friend.

...

Noah had been dreaming continuously for who knows how long. He had figured out what he was dreaming about.
'They're not dream... they're my past memories...
From the moment I was born, to now, where I'm travelling with my friends...
That scene I saw... was probably one of my last memories...'

He slowly organised his memories that he had just obtained so far, when he heard the sound of pages turning. He realised, he was slowly gaining back his consciousness. He grew ecstatic, though he wanted to see more of his memories, and what had happened, he first wanted to ask Arteus.

'I can't wai-!'

A sudden pain hit him. It was so painful, he felt he had a migraine. The sound of pages turning came back again... his vision slowly returned, only..

It wasn't what he had expected to see...

'Why... Why am I!? Back here!?'

......

Arteus had gone down the stairs, closing the bookshelf before him. He went down, practically skipping down the multiple stairs.
He could feel the existence of the fearful creature, becoming stronger and stronger as he went down. He could feel Noah's mana as well, flowing this way - 'That stupid creature! How dare he!?'

His eyes turned dark, madness filling them up. He arrived down the stairs, to see Karm and Flardryn waiting for him.
"Karm, Flard." He said with his deep voice, anger obvious in it.
Flardryn and Karm quickly opened up the stone door, which slides towards the left, and they all entered.
The opened order showed a hallway, which was quite long and became bigger and more spacious as it went on. In the end, it led to another, more grander, door.

They went down the hallway, and heard the sounds of the great, fearful beast from the past. The one that, Karm, Flardryn and the two others could never match up to. Leaving Atreus and Noah to take care of the dangerous beast.
Karm and Flardryn had sweat dripping down their foreheads, showing their fear.

Arteus - "What are you afraid of? It's nothing since I'm here.. and he would not dare hurt you, Noah's most precious friends..."

Karm - "Yes, I know.. but, I'm more worried about you! Being Master Noah's precious friends is good! As long as you, don't go crazy and kill everyone! Look at you!"
Flardryn - "That's right! There's literally a black smoke coming out of you! Calm you fucking anger, goddamnit!"

Arteus sighed and ignored them, trying to hold in his anger. He opened the large door with ease, and entered.

The inside was lit with candles placed randomly everywhere. You could see large, cold, metal chains, locking onto a scaly claw. Five in total, four of them locking onto four claws, one onto the neck, which was also scaly.

The creature inside, was a (Dragon).

The oldest dragon, the most powerful, and was known as 'The Dragon lord'.
His name...

Arteus opened his mouth, calling out to this dreadful being - "Cor.."

The dragon's eyes snapped open at that moment, showing his wrath and anger.

———————————————————————————————————
Sorry, the chapter's short. I wanted to take my time writing the next few chapters, even if they're short.
I wanted to take these specific chapters seriously, as there will be a lot shown from Noah's past as Shoji, and his past in this world, mainly of him meeting the dragon.

There will be more to this, so please wait until then!

By the way 'Cor' is pronounced the same way 'Core' is!

Thank you for reading!

ARoseRRRSS.