7

But after a time I noticed how her body tensed up.

"Hailie? Everything okay?", I asked.

She put her phone down and turned her head so she could look at me.

"Uhm-", her voice cracked. "No..."

Immediately I turned the tv off.

"Baby, what happened?", I asked.

"Man I don't even know!", she suddenly yells offended and got up.

She stood up and ran into her room and shut the door close.

I hate when she does that. So after a couple of minutes I knocked on her door.

When she didn't open I came in myself.

"Dad!"

"Hailie, please tell me what's wrong", I said and closed the door behind me.

"Man Lizzy is just a bitch!", she yelled upset.

I sat down on the small sofa and waited for her to continue because I knew it would make her more upset if I kept asking.

"Jane just sent me Screenshots from a groupchat without me where Lizzy talks shit about me", she said. "Like really bad actually..."

Now she sounded really hurt.

"You want me to read all the messages?", she asked.

I nodded unsure.

"Okay so there is this one", she said in an annoyed tone but I knew that she just tried to overplay her sadness. "Yeah I know, Hailie is so annoying. I dont even know why I hang out with this bitch anymore. I mean sorry but why should we even be nice to her anymore. Her life is already perfect! So that's one of them-", her voice cracked.

"Should I go on?", she asked after she stayed quiet for a while.

"Hailie, baby, you don't have to", I tried.

But she started to read another message...

"Anyways it is soo boring to chill with her though. Lately I was at the club with her and we had to leave already around midnight just because she is too afraid to get drunk. I tell you guys it's because of her dad. Cause everybody knows he was an drug addict and an alcoholic-"

She stopped there but I wanted her to go on.

"I would be soo ashamed if I had a dad like that. I mean this is so pathetic-"

I choked. That defenitly hit hard. I leaned back and stared out the window.

"Dad?", Hailie asked quietly.

"Hmm?"

"Dad I'm sorry... I shouldn't have read this..."

"No it's fine. I mean it's true", I said coldly.

"But it's not! You're the best dad and I love you so much. You don't deserve this. You did so much for me and Lainie and-"

She didn't continue talking and I saw tears rolling down her face as she came over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"Hailie its fine", I said and kissed her cheek. "Baby, don't cry."

"Shes such a bitch and soo fake. I hate her. Nothing that she said is true. And I thought she was my best friend! I swear I'm gonna beat her up for this shit when I'm home. And then I'll never talk to her ever again", she said upset.

I stroked her back and had to smile a bit because I didn't saw her that angry for a long time.

"Hailie, maybe we just go to bed and we talk about it tomorrow? It's really late-", I said when she started to get more upset and walked in circles all over the room.