11

The next morning I called Hailie because we couldn't talk yesterday cause it was too late.

"Hey dad"

"Hey baby, how are you?"

"Tired...but I'm fine."

"How did you sleep?"

"...man...I don't know..."

"Hailie", I said because I wanted her to answer my question.

"Dad I couldn't sleep okay?! What should I tell you?!...I don't know..."

"You wanna come over? Skylar's here too..."

"Yeah I actually was bored anyways and I havent seen you for so long...ok I'll be there in 10 minutes or so."

"Good."

"Bye dad", she said and hung up.

I went outside to look for Skylar. She sat on one of the couches on the terrace and was scribbling some lyrics on a peace of paper.

I sat down next to her.

"Hailie will be here in 10 minutes okay?", I said and layed back, enjoying the sun a bit.

"Yeah of course!", she smiled and layed back as well so we both just stared into the blue sky.

"You know I'm kinda worried about her right now...", I finally said because I just needed to get this off my chest.

"Why? What's wrong?", she asked and sat up again to look down at me.

"I don't know...she doesn't sleep well and I think she is alone lot of the times...you know she has many trust issues with her friends right now and stuff...", I sighted.

"Oh Marshall", she said with a soft voice and patted my chest and belly. "You want me to talk with her?"

"Only if you want to...", I shrugged. "But dont tell her that i told you this."

"Marshall it's gonna be okay. It definitely is just a phase. I mean Hailie is such a wonderful young woman and I think it'll all be alright."

She leaned down to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you Skylar", I smiled and got off the couch when I heard the doorbell rang.

I opened the door and as soon as Hailie saw me she wrapped her arms around me.

"I missed you so much dad", she sighted.

"I missed you too", I smiled and took her in my arms.

I layed an arm around her shoulder and we both went outside to sit down with Skylar.

"Hailiee", Skylar said happily and hugged her.

"Heyy", Hailie said and hugged her back. We all sat down on the big couch again.

Of course they both just ignored me and talked to each other like I wasnt here. Hailie sat between me and Skylar but only looked at her.

"Yo I'm here too", I finally said a bit upset. But I did it jokingly because it made me really happy that they were happy.

"Oh no dad don't cry now", Hailie said and turned around to me. "We can talk about it later okay."

"Oh man cmon", I sighted and suddenly layed my hands around her and pulled her back so her back rested on my lap.

"Dad", she yelled and got up again. "I'm talking to Slylar right now" and they both laughed.

I just rolled my eyes and went inside to grab some drinks and stuff.

Life Of Marshall Mathersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें