Chapter 3

When Atsushi hadn't called in or messaged let alone returned to the Armed Detective Agency's office after two hours, Kunikida had become concerned. At the time he had given Atsushi the mission, he had thought it might not be too dangerous for the young man. After all, it was broad daylight outside and Atsushi's ability wasn't exactly something to sneeze at. However, the more that Kunikida thought about it, the more uneasy he had become with his decision to send Atsushi to the building alone. His conscience and sense of honor could no longer take anymore and he decided to go check on Atsushi. Once he arrived at the derelict hospital, Kunikida didn't have to search long to figure out where Atsushi probably was. There was a terrific crashing noise going on from somewhere down below him. He followed the noise until he reached a door with a sign overhead that let him know that he had found the basement door. The ruined walls shook with such force that Kunikida feared they might come crashing down around him. He went downstairs, noting the bullet holes and blood splatter on the walls he made his descent down the crumbling stairwell. Using the flashlight app on his cell phone Kunikida continued to follow the noise. He almost passed up the storage room Atsushi was in but a movement out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. Inside he found Nakajima, badly wounded and trying to stand with a makeshift tourniquet around his waist. "Nakajima-kun!" Kunikida yelled, reaching out to catch the young man as he collapsed.

"Nakajima-kun! Oi, wake up!" Kunikida told him. He started to walk towards the door but just as he did someone went hurtling past the doorway from the opposite way Kunikida had come.

             --- Chuuya's POV starting from a few minutes before Kunikida showed up ---

Chuuya had continued walking down the hallway, following the sounds he had heard. He needed to find his subordinates and get them and the weretiger out of the building. He heard a small moan come from one of the rooms that had a sign labeled mortuary. Inside the room, he found countless bodies piled up. Mutilated with gaping wounds, he was sure he had just found the missing people. And among them were his subordinates. It didn't appear as if any of them had been harvested like the others, however, their bodies were riddled with bullet holes. One of them, Risa, was still alive and it was she who had moaned. Chuuya knelt beside her, but just as he moved to do so the woman drew her last breath. Chuuya knew before checking that she was gone, though he checked anyway.

A noise behind him caught his attention and Chuuya turned, his expression one of fury. Chuuya's subordinates were precious to him and anyone who killed one of them should pay with their own lives.

The man that had tried sneaking in on Chuuya stood frozen in fear for a moment. *Who is this person*, they thought to themself. Whoever it was, they were dangerous and well above their pay grade. The man had only been tasked with guarding the place and making sure that nobody left alive.

"Teme... Did you do this?" Chuuya asked, taking a step towards the man. The ground beneath him caved in from the weight his step now had. Seeing what had happened to the floor dared the man so much that he let out a panicked cry before taking off out of the morgue and down the hall. But Chuuya was faster and Chuuya was pissed. A swift kick to the man's back sent him flying backward in the direction that Chuuya had earlier come from. Walking calmly down the hall, Chuuya noticed that now Kunikida of the ADA was standing in the doorway with Jinko in his arms. Chuuya tilted his head slightly and eyed the ADA agent. "Take your tiger and get out of here."

Kunikida's POV

Kunikida didn't need to be told twice as he needed to get the kid to safety. He could see the blood starting to seep through the fabric. He nodded to the mafioso lifting Atsushi so he could carry him. He ran out of the building as fast as he could. The kid did not look good as he was too pale to be normal.

Entering the Agency, he rushed to the infirmary. Slamming the door open startled the doctor who was currently reading a book. He placed Atsushi down onto one of the beds trying not to jostle the kid's wound. "What happened Kunikida?!" He looked toward the doctor with what seemed like a guilty expression. Yosano rushed over to start looking at the wound. It looked like she would need to use her ability. "I sent him on a mission today in place of Dazai. It was supposed to be an easy job. I don't know what exactly happened." He quickly explained while in his head examining the situation. He wanted to know why a Port Mafia executive was there and why he didn't attack Atsushi. "Kunikida I need you to leave so I can treat him." Turning to the normally calm idealist with an expression that screamed get out. He headed out of the room knowing that the faster he left the faster Atsushi could be healed.

Yosano strapped Atsushi down after she had examined the wound. It seemed it was laced with a poison that infected the host in minutes. The poison seemed to be the reason that Atsushi's tiger wasn't healing him. Activating her ability she was able to heal him to about 80% healed. It seemed the tiger needed to do the rest. After she hooked him up to the necessary machinery she headed out to talk to the strict detective.

Atsushi's POV

It was a couple of hours later that Atsushi woke up disoriented as he looked around. He doesn't remember what happened after he tried to walk. Trying to think back hurt his head. Taking a couple of deep breaths to calm down so he could figure out where he was. As he took in the surroundings he realized he has seen this room before. He was back at the Agency. How did he get here? He remembered the redheaded executive but there was no one else there. At least that is what he thought. Who brought him here? As he was questioned on how he ended up here the door opened to reveal his mentor. "Atsushi-kun~ You're up!" Atsushi's eyes snapped over to the older male as he walked in. "Dazai-san. Do you know how I got here?" Dazai chuckled at his subordinate's bluntness as he jumped straight to the point. The ex-mafioso sat beside Atsushi's bed and began to tell him what happened. "Now Atsushi-kun can you tell me what happened?" Dazai's face turned serious as he looked at the younger male. Atsushi retold him everything including seeing the redhead. "Oh, so Chibi was there. Interesting. Well, thank you Atsushi-kun. You should rest now." He watched as his mentor left with a certain skip in his steps. His coworker was up to something he just knew. Shaking his head he leaned back into the bed as he could feel his eyes drop. It was like his eyelids had weights on them as every time he tried opening they would close immediately. He was losing the battle when they finally closed sleep claiming him.