Chapter 10

Atsushi's POV

Unaware of what was going on around him Atsushi laid there dazed as he had retreated into the back of his mind. He didn't understand why he couldn't reach his tiger or what they did to suppress it. His eyes were glazed over from pain before he passed out again as he was in so much agony. They had just stopped harvesting from him when his healing died down again. He didn't know how long he was here or how many times he had to heal. He hoped someone found him soon as he couldn't take much more. He secretly hoped it was Chuuya that saved him as he became a friend to Atsushi during his time at the safe house and he knew the executive would beat the crap out of this group. He knew if it came to it he wouldn't be able to fight.

When Atsushi next came to he could barely open his eyes as he couldn't move a muscle. He felt someone near him causing him to whimper as he didn't want to hurt anymore. "Please no more." He tried to say but it only came out as a loud whisper. As the person disconnected the tubes and wires from him he heard a voice trying to reassure him. The voice sounded familiar as it made him feel safe and calm but he couldn't place who it was. After he was disconnected he could feel his tiger slowly come back as if what suppressed his ability was gone. He could also feel himself heal a little faster as he felt fabric be pressed to his abdomen. He whimpered as he was picked up causing agony to shoot through his body. He tried to get closer to the warmth that engulfed him as he was carried out. He couldn't place the voice that kept talking to him trying to keep him awake. He was set down before he heard the sounds of fighting. He had enough strength to just open his eyes. All he could see was a red glow surrounding a figure that moved in a blur. He whimpered again as he slowly lost consciousness.

Chuuya's POV

A search of the first floor yielded nothing more other than more security personnel, lab animals, and surprisingly well-trained researchers. None of them posed a real threat to the Executive, however, and he dispatched all that attacked him first. Normally Chuuya would have taken his time with someone putting life and limb on the line as he enjoyed a good fight; however,

Nakajima was waiting for him and that meant that Chuuya had time for neither pleasure nor mercy. As he was about to go up the stairs that led to the second floor, a female researcher tried to attack the ginger from behind with a trocar needle. She had remained well hidden while her colleagues had all been taken out, and might have succeeded in dealing some damage to Chuuya had the element of surprise not been removed when the researcher's foot hit a clipboard laying on the ground as she snuck up. The sound of the clipboard caught Chuuya's attention and he waited until she was swinging the needle downward towards his neck before he grabbed her wrist, squeezing it so tightly that the needle clattered noisily onto the floor.

"Well aren't you a sneaky one?" He asked as he coldly looked up at her, applying more pressure to his grip on the researcher's wrist. "Perhaps you will be more enlightening and forthcoming than your colleagues were. I'm searching for a young man named Nakajima Atsushi. Grey hair, beautiful eyes, and about your height, has the ability to turn into a tiger. I'm also looking for the bastard who took him, Tachibana Sou. I don't think I need to describe him to you, now do I?"

The researcher grimaced in pain as they glared at Chuuya. "What makes you think that I'll tell you anything? You're just going to kill me if I do."

"Or I might show my appreciation and spare you if you stop wasting my time and tell me what I want to know, teme," Chuuya told her, willing to let her go if she wasn't lying. The researcher cried out in pain as the ginger applied more pressure.

"Okay, I'll tell you! Just stop, please! I'm just supposed to be here temporarily to fill in for someone on vacation, okay? I don't know much. All I know is what I overheard between two of my colleagues when I first arrived. They are talking about some kid with the ability to transform into a tiger brought in and kept on the fourth floor. Something about unlimited organs they could harvest to fund some kind of research. That's all I know!"

"Thanks. You've been very helpful." Chuuya told the researcher before flipping them over his shoulder and quickly breaking both of their legs. "Forgive me. I'm letting you go but I can't allow you to go summon more people or try to attack me. And if this information isn't correct, then I'll be coming back for you." He told her. He hated having to do such a dick move but it was something that had to be done. He couldn't allow the Port Mafia to be made a fool of and he was there partly to avenge his subordinates.

Pushing the anguished cries of pain out of his mind Chuuya continued his ascent up the stairs. He searched the second floor just to make sure that Tachibana and Nakajima weren't on it before he moved along to the third floor. He was met with the same situation that he had been on the first and second floors. But this floor had something different. A small, frail-looking child of around eight or nine hooked up to a ventilator lay in a hospital bed.