Chapter 5

Chuuya's POV

Hearing about already found shipping containers with organs inside, Chuuya sighed. "It would be a little difficult to get my hands on whatever evidence they found there, then."

Chuuya closed his eyes and thought for a moment. He had heard that a special ability user was involved in the previous incident. If the shipping container was related, and it probably was if it was on that scale, then there might be some important clue to lead to who the mastermind was. But wait. Organs were usually immediately transplanted and didn't last for too long after being harvested. Their shelf life outside the body wasn't that long. Something was suspicious about it. He needed to see the organs up close. He glanced at the Weretiger from out of the corner of his eye. He probably wouldn't give him any information, since Port Mafia and ADA weren't exactly on the best of terms, especially after the fiasco with trying to capture Jinko for the bounty. But he did know of a way to possibly motivate the young man into helping him. The Jinko was a do-gooder, so appealing to his sense of justice and need to protect others might work.

"That report of yours. Did it happen to mention what became of the organs? If I can find some clue about who's behind this all, I can get some sort of payback for my subordinates and you can help prevent anyone else from dying. All I need is a tiny bit of -" A loud growl from the Weretiger's stomach cut off the ginger's words. "Or I could feed you in return for the information."

As the mafioso was talking to him his stomach decided that it was time to make itself known. He blushed as he rubbed the back of his head. "Actually, I don't mind sharing the information with you as it seems we are both stuck on the case. I will take you up on your offer." He didn't see a problem giving the information out as they both wanted this group to be stopped. He knew though that if the Agency were to find out he would get lectured.

Atsushi's POV

They both walked down the street with Chuuya leading. Atsushi had no idea what to say that could break the awkward air around them. He didn't even really know the executive as he did with another member of the mafia. He scowled as he thought about his sometimes partner, sometimes enemy. He shook his head snapping out of his thoughts. It seemed like he did just in time to see Chuuya stop in front of a restaurant. Stepping into the place Atsushi looked around noticing it was on the fancier end of things.

As they were seated at the table things seemed to be even more awkward than when they were walking here. He couldn't even look the other in the eye as if he did it would offend the other. He was also a little weary as the Port Mafia had been after him before. What is to say that it won't happen again. As he sat there looking at the table he fidgeted but tried to hide his nervousness. He heard the other cough making Atsushi lookup.

Chuuya's POV

Chuuya walked silently alongside the ADA agent. He didn't particularly get along with the agency members that he had met, and this kid was the subordinate of his former partner. It didn't help that Jinko's sickeningly idealistic goody two shoes sense of morality was the opposite of Chuuya's. They came from separate worlds and the silence between them made that quite obvious. By the time they were both seated at the table at Chuuya's favorite bistro, the silence was deafening.

Thankfully a waitress came by to fill their glasses and give them their menus. After telling them that she'd be back to take their order, the woman left and the two were once more sitting in awkward silence. Chuuya had thought to start grilling Jinko for information after the kid had eaten his fill. Talking about unpleasant things before or during a good meal always made the best food taste off to the Executive. However, the kid looked more than a little on edge and that could ruin the enjoyment of a good meal, too.

Chuuya took a sip of his water and cleared his throat loudly enough to catch the young man's attention. "We can discuss business after we eat. For now, order whatever you want. I suggest the roasted duck with olives." Chuuya flipped open his menu and pretended to be busy reading. He had no idea what to talk with Jinko about in the meantime, so he opted to ask him about food. It was something every living thing needed. It could bring enemies together to share a meal and offer comfort to nervous people like Jinko. "What kind of foods do you enjoy? Do you have a favorite?" He asked as he peered at the young man from over the top of his menu.

Atsushi's POV

He looked over the menu hoping to see one food item. Once he found it his eyes gleamed in delight. He knew exactly what he was going to order. Looking up he could see the older man looking at him. "My favorite food is ochazuke. It is the best food in the world." Thinking about his favorite food always made him feel safe, just like it did in the orphanage. Ochazuke was what he used to sneak when he wasn't fed for days. It always warms him up making him feel a little semblance of being safe. He snapped out of his thoughts when he realized he had rambled out everything he had thought. He flushed a lit pink as he looked at the drink in front of him. He quickly took the drink and downed it as a way to cool off. It had turned quiet again but it didn't seem as stiff as before.

The waitress had come back to take their orders and refill his drink. Once the waitress had left Atsushi decided to try and talk to the mafioso. It didn't seem like he would attack or be tricking him. Though he couldn't think of anything he could ask him that wouldn't sound completely stupid. He sighed as he took in the male sitting across from him. His thoughts were running around his head as he tried to think of something. He got so lost in his thoughts that he blurted out the first question that came to mind. "Where did you get your hat?" He felt his face heat up but he would not let it affect him. He meets the executive's eye head-on even as his face turned bright red at the idiotic question.