Chapter 13

Atsushi’s POV

He squeezed his eyes shut as he fought. He knew he needed to get away. He had to get to Chuuya, make sure he was alive. They hands that were on him restricted his movement causing him to cry out. He didn’t want anymore pain. He didn’t want to be tortured even more. Tears escaped his eyes as he frantically looked around. His eyes were not focusing on what was in front of him. He was too much in a panic to realise it was Dazai and Yosano trying to get him to calm down. He also didn’t realise he activated his ability. Though it was long as Dazai immediately jumped in to nullify it.

“NO! STOP! PLEASE!” He screamed out when he felt a needle enter his arm. He could feel himself get drowsy but he tried to fight it. He can’t pass out not now. Not when he didn’t know if he was in danger or not. It was when he felt a second prick of a needle that he knew fighting would be useless. He let out a whimper as he lost conciousness.

Bleary eyes opened slowly to see a familiar face above him. A face that spoke of concern and hope. The light gleamed off of the butterfly clip that was slightly crooked as if it was put on hastily. Purple hair seemed to be dull with what looks like worry. Atsushi looked at the person above him confused.

“Atsushi. Can you hear me?” He winced as his hear seemed to be on overdrive. He nodded his head in agreement. He tried to sit up but yelped in pain as he tried to sit up. He quickly looked down only to see no wound. He sighed in relief. He looked back at Yosano with a grimace. His head was a mess but he was glad that he was safe again. He knew the ADA was a safe place to be.

“Yosano-sensei, What happened?” He looked around noticing that he was in the infirmary room of the ADA. So Chuuya was able to save him. Wait. CHUUYA! He whipped his head toward Yosano with wide eyes.

“Chuuya-san! Where is Chuuya-san?! Is he okay?!” He needed to know that Chuuya was okay. He would never forgive himself if Chuuya got hurt because of him. It was his fault he even got captured in the first place. He was too weak to even save himself. He kept rambling not even noticing that his breathing had increased making him try to gulp in air between his questions.

“Atsushi!” He stopped his rambling loooking straight into Yosano’s calm eyes. He was instructed to take a deep breath as he was having a panic attack. He tried to mimic Yosano’s breathing like he was told. He could feel his mind clear as he started to breath slower. He could see Yosano smile as he relaxed at last.

“Now Chuuya-san is fine. He dropped you off here after he rescued you. He left yesterday afternoon after knowing you were healed. Atsushi I am going to need to know what happened in that lab. When Chuuya-san brought you in you were heavily injured to the point I didn’t have to use any extra means to activate my ability.” Atsushi looked at the doctor with relief when he heard that Chuuya was fine but his eyes widened with terror. He didn’t want to remember that. He didn’t want to remember what that crazy man did to him. He shuddered as memories came rushing to him. He let out a whimper as his memory of his time in the lab came up. He gripped his head as he tried to get rid of the memories. He didn’t want them. He felt gentle hands caress his hands loosening them so they didn’t rip out hair. The touch caused him to flinch.

“Atsushi. I understand you don’t want to talk about it. So can you at least tell me what suppressed your tiger?”

“I-I don’t know. I don’t k-know. All I k-know is that s-something was inject-injected into m-me. The m-man who t-took me u-used an ability o-on me.” He curled into a ball as the memories assaulted his brain. Why was he always the one people come after? What was so special about him that he couldn’t even get a break from pain? Why did it seem his existence was cursed to just suffer?

He hated that he felt this way. He hated that he knew that what happened to him wasn’t his fault but it still felt like it was. He stayed silent as the memories flew through his head. He hated feeling like this. He felt so useless. He couldn’t even protect himself. If he couldn’t protect himself then how was he supposed to protect others. What good is he?