Chapter 14

Chuuya's POV

He watched from the window his friend breakdown. He absolutely hates watching him go through this. He despised having to keep away from his friend. A friend he had come to care deeply for as he was someone who didn't judge. Even after all he had done to the weretiger. He watched as Atsushi collapsed to the ground and it took everything in him not to jump into the apartment. He decided right then and there that it was time for him to just talk to Atsushi. He would need to get through to the Mackerel as he looked at a sobbing Atsushi. He needed to do something, he could no longer just sit on the sidelines as he watched his friend deteriorate into nothing. He could not and will not lose anyone else. He was absolutely devastated as he just stood there watching when Atsushi attempted to hurt himself. He looked away and decided that it was time to leave no matter how much he didn't want to. He flew away with gravity as he needed to get out of there as quickly as possible. No matter how much he didn't want to be texted the Mackerel that they needed to talk. He was going to help Atsushi, he didn't care what the Mackerel said anymore. He was going to do things his way now. He entered his apartment with a determined expression. He was ready to help his friend regardless of what would happen. He didn't fully understand why he was so protective over Atsushi. He would continue to be as long as Atsushi was in danger. Right now Atsushi was a danger to himself. He resolved to use whatever necessary precaution he needed to.

Reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone, he stopped as a certain Mackerel was in his apartment. He slowly lowered the phone keeping his eyes on the other male. He wasn't going to even question how he got into his apartment again. It wasn't worth a fight right now.

"You damn Mackerel. What are you doing here?" He growled even though he contacted him a couple of hours earlier. It only meant one of two things, Dazai needs his help or he is here to warn Chuuya off again. He honestly hoped nothing happened to Atsushi from the time he left Atsushi in his apartment to when he arrived at his own home.

"Ah Slug!~ I wondered when you would be home, especially after such a heartfelt message!" He watched Dazai move toward him with a mischievous grin. He could feel his anger rising but he needed to keep his cool. He watched the other carefully as he stopped in front of him.

"Is Atsushi okay?" He didn't care what else Dazai had to say. He needed to know that the weretiger was okay. He felt dread creep into his bones the long Dazai stood there saying nothing. He tried to wait patiently but the longer the younger male stared at him the more he became antsy. Why the fuck was Dazai not saying anything? 'Fuck. Atsushi please be okay.' He turned to go back out the door to head back to where he last saw Atsushi. He was stopped midstep when he heard Dazai speak.

"He is physically fine, Slug." He whipped around moving toward Dazai with heavy but quick steps. He punch Dazai in the face with as much force as he could. Why the fuck must Dazai always do this? Why must he always drag things out when it came to his friends? He always was slow to tell Chuuya if people were safe. It frustrated him. The last time he didn't say anything until the last minute he found out a close friend in the mafia died. He just wanted to protect those he cared about but it was hard to do when he is told nothing. He felt useless not being able to save those close to him. Fuck if he couldn't save Atsushi. That boy had become such a big part of his life even though they hadn't known each other long. Atsushi had to be one of the sweetest beings he has ever met. Chuuya actually felt comfortable being himself around the weretiger. He could joke around, laugh, and get upset without any judgment. He will be damned if he didn't protect that. The hot rage he felt at not being told if Atsushi was okay was strong. He didn't give a damn about Dazai and his shitty ass schemes.