8

Lola's POV
I wake up the next morning in my university dorm, the sun is shining through the thin curtains. I reach for
my phone to check the time and it's 9:46. I rub my eyes knowing it's time for me to get up even though the thought of staying in bed is so inviting. I quickly scroll through Instagram and reply to my messages, nothing too important just finalising the plans for later with Zara. Today is December 31st, New Years Eve, and I am planning to go to a party later with both Max and Zara. Max mentioned he was bringing some friends but never said who. Internally I hoped it was Lando but I was never going to admit it.

Although I'm tired, I feel full of energy excited for what is to come later on. Before leaving my room I put on my Ugg slippers and make my way to the kitchen. I know I can leave my room in just my pyjamas as no one on my floor is back from their Christmas break yet as they all went to their family homes to celebrate. Including Zara who is still at her parents until later, when she will get ready with me for the party. I get to the kitchen which is surprisingly spotless, so I grab a bowl and just have cereal for breakfast as I am not very hungry.

Once I am finished I wash up and put my bowl away. I walk back to my room and see it's now 10:16 so it's time to get ready. I decide to get dressed. I wear a basic outfit that is comfy as I'm changing later anyways.

After getting dressed I decide to head out as I have nothing else to do because we have no work for the holidays and Zara isn't due to arrive for another 3 hours. I put on my dirty black converse and grab my new Louis Vuitton bag before heading out the door. I put in my AirPods and begin walking down the street.I don't really have a plan on where I'm going so I walk aimlessly down the street until I see a nice cafe so go in to grab a take out coffee. When I walk into the small family run business shop I walk up to the counter, the bell ringing as I enter the door. The boy behind the counter smiles at me so I politely smile back. He's kind of cute. As I order my coffee we make eye contact and I mess with my acrylics feeling awkward that he's staring at me.

Then he speaks up "So you have any plans for tonight," I smile at the awkward smirk on his face.
" I do actually. I'm going out with some of my friends, just a party like all the rest," I reply in which he laughs. I continue trying to make friendly conversation "How about you?".
"Sadly I have no plans" he answers. I suddenly feel guilty for asking. He looks around my age so I wonder why he has nowhere to go.
"Well your always welcome to come with me and my friends if you'd like".
He smiles then says "I'm okay thanks. Not a party kind of guy although I would like to go somewhere with you alone". Smooth, I think, yet for some reason I am not into him.
"Oh I actually have a boyfriend. I'm so so sorry to make you think this", I immediately feel guilty for lying to him but I can't help but think about Lando and how much cuter he is. I mentally facepalm at the thought of liking my brothers best friend but I can't help it.
After this encounter I thank him and quickly grab my coffee, leaving the shop as quickly as possible. I walk down the street at a brisk pace to be out of view of the shop. I then take a quick photo so I can upload it to my Instagram story.