16

Tomorrow came around and I had received the notification that Lando was live. He had messaged a few minutes ago letting me know it would be starting soon yet for some reason receiving that notification made me nervous, as if he never sent a message and his was a total shock. Without a second more, I joined the livestream not wanting to wallow in my nerves. As soon as I joined I sent a 'hey' in the chat so lando was aware I was there. Even thought my message went by too quickly to read he soon got the memo from the chorus of 'Lola here' and 'omg Lola's. I smiled to myself at the fans reaction to me before seeing Landos invite to join the stream. I began to panic as I didn't want his fans to judge me even though I knew they wouldn't. Lando continued to talk to the fans, waiting for more people to join, while I sat staring at the pending message to join the live. After a few moments more, I joined the live as I watched Landos face light up as well as an eruption of messages in the chat box.

My face appeared on the screen as I sat at my desk, my uni dorm only slightly in view however I didn't mind as I had tidied it earlier especially for this. "Hi" I say with an awkward smile not sure what else to do.
"Hey" Lando replied with a small wave. For a moment it was as if we were on a FaceTime like last night, and not on a livestream in front of many thousands of viewers. We quickly broke out of our trance as if it never happened, being brought back to reality by the thousands of messages being spammed into the chat. Lando laughs at a comment he had read and i examined his eyes, quickly scanning the text in front of him. Thousands more viewers entered the stream to which lando said " I should of listened to their demands earlier, everyone loves you" he pulled a cheeky grin to which I blushed and looked away, reaching for my pre-made drink as a distraction.
LF:"what's the plan for today then"
LN:"I don't really have one but I did a q&a yesterday so probably not that" I nodded in response and began scanning the chat to read their requests. "Someone said never have I ever?"
LF:"I'm down"
LN:" as always guys send in the questions" I laugh at how he interacts with his fans. Lando looks up to see what I was giggling at "what?" He laughs.
LF:"you"
LN:"excuse you, I'll kick you from this live"
LF:"you wouldn't dare, I'd go live and you'd loose all your viewers"
A chorus of 'Lola all the way' and 'don't you dare kick Lola' or 'we'd follow you Lola' made lando scowl whilst I lightly clapped by hands in celebration
LF:"love you lots guys, you're the best" I say whilst blowing a kiss to the crowd.
LN:"we're been on live for half an hour and have done nothing"
LF:"do something then" I say sticking my tongue out.
LN:"what do you want me to do" lando says with a wink as I put my face in my hands in an attempt to hide from the embarrassment that the chat was shipping me with my secret crush. I raise my head when I hear Landos laugh, turns out Max had just joined the chat. I quickly turn my mic off as I hide my face hoping me won't notice it was me but obviously he did as he has seen my uni form many times before however this time he was not please. I looked at my phone to see a notification from max pop up at the top of my screen "call me rn" I felt my heart drop as I unmuted my microphone and told lando I had to go but would be back. He sent me a look as if to say 'for real? I thought he was joking' I gave him a look back to say goodbye as I waved to the fans who were having a field day at the latest gossip.

I leant back in my chair and sighed, pulling me legs up on the seat with me so my chin rested on my knees. My finger hovered over the button to call max but dread filled me. I don't know why I felt like this yet the dread only intensified when I see an incoming call for max. I knew I didn't have a choice in this situation and that I couldnt delay this conversation so I swiped across to answer the call and help it up to my ear.
L: "hey" I sighed
M: "don't hey me, what the hell is this about"
L: "I don't know what you mean, I'm friends with lando and his fans wanted me on the stream with him so I joined"
M: "yeah like I believe that, Landos been so weird since new years he's so happy yet secretive"
L: "okay?"
M: " it better not be because of you Lola"
L: "you've always tried to make me talk to lando more as you thought it was weird when we never spoke when he was with you yet now we do speak you don't want us to"
M: " Lola"
L:" no, you can't decide who I can be friend s with I was being nice by doing what his fans wanted me to do and yes we are closer since new years as we had a good time together because you were drunk out of your mind and he was lonely"
M: "okay right sorry" he says in a slightly agrivated tone at my slight outburst.
L: "I'm going to join the stream again now before the fans think we're enemies"
M: "maybe we are" he says masking his laugh
L:" yeah right" I laugh back
M: "speak soon okay?"
L:" yeah okay bye"
M: " bye.. remember lando is off limi-"
I cut him off. I laugh at him but I have a sad feeling inside at the thought I will never be able to see lando as more than a friend.

I join the stream once again and the fans are ecstatic to see I have rejoined. I tell lando and the fans a vague overview of my conversation with max "oh yeah he was just wondering why we were in stream he said he must of lost his invite in the post. All good now tho he wasn't actually mad he was just kidding". The fans think it's a funny joke and so I breathe a sigh of relief that I got away with it.

"Lola can you send your uni timetable for like your holidays" I hear Lando ask. I raise an eyebrow "what are you plotting Norris?" I ask yet grab my phone to send it to him anyways. I'm not sure why he would need my timetable but the fans immediately start making guesses in the comments.

The call continues for another few hours Lando plays the sim and I laugh when he crashes "LOLA! You made me crash! You're distracting me". " face it lando it's a talent issue" I laugh back as clearly I wasn't distracting him.