𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐒

for the past few days you've heard little to nothing from connie, which was strange

for the past few days you've heard little to nothing from connie, which was strange. usually connie texted you everyday to see how you were doing or if you needed anything, but lately it's just been nothing.

this whole situation made you very pessimistic, you could only think of the worst. you didn't want to jump to irrational thoughts but at this point it was inevitable. even your friends at school haven't heard from him — it worried you all too much.

currently, you were walking around, skipping classes with your friend. they all took notice to how distant your were and how you looked like you were in your own little world.

jean didn't like how quiet you were, and it bothered him more because he knew why. he switched his walking position and began walking next to you so he could get your attention better.

"girl stop all that sulking, you fucking up the mood." he told you in a jokingly way. you playfully rolled your eyes at him before hitting his shoulder.

"ain't nobody sulking, i just don't have anything to add to the conversation." you told him. jean didn't look the least bit convinced as he laughed at your response. in a way you weren't lying, you genuinely didn't have anything to add.

"are you sad because connie not here." he asked with a mischievous smirk on his face. you rolled your eyes but chose not to say anything. was it really that obvious? yes it was.

"relax, he's just suspended right now." jean told you with a little chuckle. you didn't know why he was laughing, ain't shit funny.

"okay but why didn't connie tell me that?" you asked out loud. in a situation like this, you would think connie would tell you but, you got nothing, not even a text.

"why you tripping? y'all not together, you just have a weird ass friendship." he spoke nonchalantly. you wanted to slap the absolute shit out of jean but he was right about one thing, you two weren't together but what you guys had definitely wasn't a friendship.

"oh yeah? if we were just friends he wouldn't be bitching about ymir." you told him in a condescending tone. jean looked at you with an amused face before smirking.

"how you know about that?" he asks you with an amused smile.

"ymir told me about it, she tells me a lot of things." you told jean returning a smile to him.

jean wasn't gonna lie, that did make him break a sweat but you didn't notice, he was smarter than that. he wanted to push all the knowledge that you knew, if he was ever good at anything, it was lying and gaslighting, perks of being a criminal.

in all honesty, you were bluffing. ymir doesn't really say much but she did say that she told connie about what happened between you two and for that you said you would never let yourself be vulnerable with her. what pissed you off most about it was that she bragged about it, she said it as if you were some toy and she was the first to play with it.