12

Bangchan
______________

Her words from earlier this week rang clear in my head. And it left me with a lot of thoughts.

I have been building up the courage to ask Renée out for the past month. And after much consideration, I've decided to go along with it.

It made perfect sense. We have been getting a lot closer lately. Staying up late in the bar, having long phone calls and me picking her up from the college a lot. It's almost like we were in a relationship again.

I wouldn't have the courage nor the certainty to go through with it if not for what happened earlier this week. Her half drunken confessions were clear signs if I ever needed one.

So I carried on to walk with a spring in my step. Nervous that I really was going to ask her out not any later than Sunday. I did not want to prolong the process.

I feel like we need to talk it out, and I'm expectant of that conversation. Hopefully she'll like the offer. Although it will change a lot of things, and I pray they change for the better.

"Look who's high on energy today. Finally had a good night's sleep?" Alessia said.

"Barely. I'm just excited. I'm planning on something big."

"A new project?"

"No. Not with the two ones I have still stagnant. But I can't confirm what it is yet."

"If you say so. Are you headed out for lunch?"

"Oh no, I'm just headed to meet a friend downstairs. I've gotta give her this since she's passing by." I walked over to the instrument on the communal table.

"An accordion?" She tilted her head.

"Don't ask. She's into a lot of hobbies."

"Fascinating. I'm going to the bakery next door for a bite. My hunger pangs are getting more intense by the second."

"Ooh. Now that you mentioned it, I could get a bite as well."

"Great, let's get some. I'm starving. Have you tried their Cannolli?"

"Ooh?" I squinted. "Sounds unfamiliar."

"The tube shaped thingy with the creamy filling? They habitually add chocolate pieces."

"To be honest, when go there, I usually grab something quick like a roll, or a muffin, a meat pie."

"You should try it. Say, I'll treat you to it."

"There's no need."

"I insist." She raised her hand almost as if to cut off my objection. "It'll be my gift for being my host here."

"It's was the least I could do. Especially since you chose my company to carry out your promotions."

"Of course I had to choose yours. I'll never forget your skill you showed during the presentations. I wasn't even there for the interest of it all but your work caught my attention. I couldn't help but be back."