14

Bangchan
_________________

I sat the bar table where all my friends chatted up on the business of the day and other random banter almost all flew through my head.

I felt rather distracted as I looked deeply at my drink of cider. Then looked up from my drink and opposite me sat a nervous Renée.

She had her hair in braids and wore a sweet lavender dress that I'd never seen her wear before.

Tonight must really be a special occasion.

But there was just something about that dress and it's colour that caught me off guard.

It was lavender.

The same colour as the dress she wore when we had broken up and I made the big 'proposal' to her two years ago.

Renée caught me staring and she grinned widely, showing off her white teeth that lay between her full two toned lips. "You're staring, do I have a lose thread somewhere? Is my hair out of place?"

"Nope, not at all. You look good. Just perfect." I say.

Renée
___________

"Is that so?" I tilted my head playfully, giving him a cartoony expression before bursting out in laughter. "Sorry, I'm being weird now."

"Super, you're creepy. Sometimes I wonder how you even have friends." He said which caused me to gasp dramatically.

"You're mean." I pouted.

"Ouch, no one has ever called me mean before. That really hurt Ray." He joked, I nudged him playfully in return.

Turning to the commotion of Felix attempting to 'get sturdy' near the jukeboxes. His body flailing about awkwardly, which was odd because he was generally a good dancer. But I guessed this one dance was bound to humble him down fall on his knees after this. I was certain of it.

Chris' laughter broke me off concentration, I turned to look back at him and he looked at Felix in a mixture of awe and fear for his safety. "Felix?" He called when Felix dance intensified. Kicking his legs back and forth.

I smiled at Chris' concentrated gaze, leaned my face on my hand. Looking at him in a fashion where it could easily be read as me looking at Felix's struggle dance as well.

I watched him discreetly from the corner of my eyes and from behind my braids. And I couldn't shake off the creeping anxiety I felt coming in. I wondered if I was doing the right thing at this moment. Whether I was being fair to him... and myself.

Granted, introducing partners to friends was a normal act commonly practiced and usually encouraged. I wondered if that still applied to us as well with the knowledge that we not only are we friends, but we're exes as well.

That I'm aware of, and I'm certain he is too. He often uses those facts to set up boundaries, and draw up lines for us. I'm sure he has moved on. And I should as well. And if being in a religious with another would solidify that I was over him, I hope I was doing justice.

I figured that there's a point in every relationship where you're both comfortable with each other that you are able and expected to introduce them to your friends and family.

Well, me and Isaac have finally reached that stage where we could introduce each other to our respective groups of friends, or as I'd put it- my second family.

Now, I was intially hesitant about doing this in the first place because I hadn't made it known to Isaac that one of my closest friends, was also my ex.