Chapter 10: Oh Shit

( Sorry it's a small chapter ) 

Y/n's POV: 

Heh, that's kinda funny. 

I quickly pull out my phone, telling the gc about the coincidence.

Me: lol guys there's a dude named hannibal teaching my class

Ghost: no way really? lol

That's when Dr. Lector's phone goes off.

and that's when I realize it. 

" Excuse me for a moment, I may need to check this."

Dr. Lector, or should I say Hannibal, then pulls out his phone and scans over the message. His eyes widen just a fraction, and he quietly puts his phone on silent. He turns back to the class and continues on with what he's been saying.

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT. WHAT THE FUCK.

I couldn't believe it. The very Hannibal I met in the groupchat, my grammar correcting buddy, is the guest speaker in my class. I desperately look away from him, trying to find someone else to focus on. 

This can't be happening.

I look down at the floor. Should I approach him? Should I let him know who I am? Do I carry on anonymous and just hope I don't have to reveal who I am?

I decide to tell him, but I'll wait until after class.

Hannibal teaches the class about how emotional abuse can affect brain development and relationships later on in life, as well as the symptoms of emotional abuse. Overall it was a pretty interesting class. I wrote down almost everything he said, because knowing our professor, we'll be tested on all of this. 

The bell rings, signalling the end of the class. The other students file out of the room quickly, but I stay back. I approach Hannibal, eyes trained anywhere other than his face. 

" Imagine meeting my grammar buddy at a psychology lecture."

His gaze meets mine, and I can't tell what he's feeling. 

" I assume you're Phantom?" His gaze flickers from my face to the phone in my hand.

" You'd be correct." I say, giving him a smile. He looks me over, giving a small hum.

" I honestly didn't think you'd look like this." He stated.

" Ouch." I responded coolly.

" No no, I just meant that I thought you'd have muscle." He muttered.

" To be fair I didn't think you'd be a psychologist, guess the world is full of surprises." I responded with a small laugh.  

" Mx. Y/n. Shouldn't you be heading to your next class?" The professor questioned, walking over to where I stood. 

" Yes, of course sir, sorry." I hoisted my book bag over my shoulder, and headed out. 

Neither the professor nor I realized that Hannibal took a photo of me while I was walking away. 

" Y/n..." He muttered to himself. 

Things just got a lot more interesting.