Chapter 21: I'll Call Hannibal

Y/n's POV:

" So what now?" The words I spoke echoed around the empty house. There was no reply for a moment, The silence reverberated through my skull.

" I'll call Hannibal," Stu finally answered, " He'll know what to do."

" Okay, sounds good." My voice cracked slightly with my words. 

Holy shit I just killed someone. What the fuck. 

I ran my hands through my hair, pushing down the panic within me.

Panic later, I need to stay logical right now. 

Stu pulled out the phone, dialing Hannibal's number. He switched it to speaker mode, holding the phone out in front of him.

It rang once.

It rang twice.

On the third ring he picked up.

" What on earth could you possibly need from me now?" Hannibal groaned.

" I need help." Stu said, and there was silence on the other end for a moment.

" What sort of help?" Hannibal questioned carefully. 

" The death related kind."

" What happened?"

" Well..."

.

.

.

" What did I warn you about several times Stu? I told you that nothing good would come of adding Y/n to that groupchat."

" Well I obviously didn't think something like this would happen!" Stu bellowed, gripping the phone so hard his knuckles turned white.

" Well then you're obviously naive and idiotic." Hannibal responded coolly. 

" Dr. Lector," I began, " Is there any way you can help us?"

he sighed into the receiver.

" You two need to grab anything that could be evidence, and get to my house as soon as possible."

" Alright, we'll be there in 15." Stu replied, hanging up. 

.

.

After everything we needed had been collected, we snuck out through the back door of the abandoned shack, Stu leading the way to Hannibal's abode. I let him lead so he didn't see the waver of my eyebrows, or the slight tremble in my hands.

This has gone too far. I never wanted to hurt anyone. 

My thoughts were a vicious cycle of self loathing and doubt, only breaking when Stu signaled that we had arrived.

Holy shit. 

Hannibal's house was HUGE. I gawked at the many windows, admiring the overhang of the roof.

Damn, sugar daddy material. 

I mentally kicked myself for saying that. We approached the mansion gingerly, the front steps seeming never ending. Stu hit the doorbell, waiting.

The door creaked open.

" Ah, Stu, Mx. Y/n, welcome to my home."

" What. The fuck. Is this?" Stu questioned.

I peaked out from behind Stu's figure, looking into the house.

Why are there a fuck ton of people here?

" An intervention." Hannibal stated with a grin.

Oh shit.