♤Burnout♤

•A bit mentally exhausted by my family's financial situation so writing will be sparse•
___________________________________

•A bit mentally exhausted by my family's financial situation so writing will be sparse•___________________________________

__________________________________

"Y/n, are you sure, you can do this?" Yuji saw as Y/n lifted the new TV box into his apartment, she promised him to help him move into his new apartment which was near them to have an easier surveillance but she kept sneezing and taking a lot of breaks.
"Yeah, just a bit sluggish not something to worry about.." She gently placed near the table before taking a breather.
"You're not looking too good, maybe let's take a break."
"Yeah that's probably a good idea." She tossed him a water bottle and brought out some welcome snacks.
"Sorry for making you help me move in, I would ask Sukuna but I think he'd break everything he lays his hand on and Megumi is on his day job.." Yuji sighed with all the responsibilities left on his shoulders.
"Don't worry about it, Hiro is at his friend's place and Sukuna is busy with his daily routine so I'd be lonely on my day off."
"You know, we've never hung out without Sukuna. I want to know somethin." Y/n wiped the frosting off his cheeks with a napkin.
"Sure ask away!"
"How did you make Sukuna love you? I've never seen him show anything emotion but anger and annoyance." Y/n put her hand under her chin with a small smile across her face.

"I didn't, all I did was take care of him and show him that someone out there is going to take care of him, no matter what he does or what his injuries are. Though I was stubborn each time he'd come back but that's the beauty of love though." Yuji looked amazed as Y/n cleaned up mess of the snacks.
"Wow, you're so cool Y/n!"
"Aw, you're making me flustered, we should finish the-" She sneezed.
"Um Y/n, are you sure that you're ok." Yuji sat her down on the couch.
"Yeah might be allergies or maybe work. I'm not sure which one." She wiped her nose with a napkin.
"I can finish tomorrow-"
"No no, I'll be fine." She got up and took one final sip of water before going back to work. They were able to finish and unpack most of the boxes and left the rest for tomorrow.
"Yay! We finished!" They highfived each other before relaxing on the couch.
"I'll throw away the packaging, I'll be right back." She picked up, the broken boxes and headed into the kitchen.
"Okay!" Yuji popped the small air bubbles as he waited for Y/n to come back but he heard a sudden thud hit the floor.

"Y/n? Y/n?!" He said her laying near the boxes struggling to stay awake.
"I-I'm fi-" she broke into a coughing fit on the ground before getting picked up and placed on the couch with a blanket.
"Okay, you're definitely overworked.. please rest while Sukuna gets here." Y/n nodded as she buried herself deeper into the blanket. Yuji dialed Sukuna who was currently debating if he should murder the man in front of him of taking the last free sample.
"What."
"Y/n isn't feeling too good, so I think it might be burnout or something. I'm not sure what to do." Yuji has a mostly carefree life besides his work but even then he hasn't experienced an intense burnout.
"Grab a warm wet towel and food but God forbid that you cook something so I'll be there in a bit."
"Got it!" Yuji hung up and grabbed a small towel placing it on her forehead. Yuji felt a little insulted by his twin calling him a bad cook so he decided to prove him wrong.

"Okay, here's my dad's famous karaage! Oh and some herbel tea to help." He placed it on the coffee table and sat on the floor as she slowly sat up to grab a piece.
"I'm sorry for making you do this for me."
"Nah, plus you take care of Megumi and I a lot more often then we do to you. It's only fair that we take care of you when you need it!" Y/n smiled ruffling his hair.
"You're probably the best brother-in-law in the world."
"I know." Y/n giggled into the herbal tea cup as the sound of rapid doorbell buzzes ringed around the apartment.
"Well thats a little psycho.." Yuji sweatdropped as he opened the door only to be shoved out of the way by Sukuna.
"Hey honey, sorry for mak-" Sukuna shoved a gross medicine into her mouth.
"YOU'RE SO CRUEL!"
"Well it prevents you from dying so your welcome." Yuji was about to take the herbel tea cup to refill it but Sukuna beat him to it.
"Here."
"I think I'm going to take a nap, if you could do me the favor of picking Hiro up then that would be awesome." Sukuna and Yuji looked at each other before raising their hands.
"Rock! Paper! Scissors!" They tied and tied many times during their match that they forgot about what they were even doing.
"Round 10! I swear I will beat you this time!" Sukuna scoffed as they tied again.
"Hey did one of you pick up Hiro yet?"

.

.

.

There was a loud silence that filled the room

.

.

.

"That's what I thought.."
"I did what you two couldn't." Uncle Megumi opened the door with a sleepy Hiro on his back.
"Thank you, Fushiguro." She gently grabbed Hiro off of him and let him have the space on the couch.
"I was informed of a tip about the group hunting down Sukuna by a rat" Y/n sat beside him, running her fingers through Hiro's hair.
"They're a cursed spirit group that were planning on making Sukuna join months ago but got rejected after the gang separated. Mahito seems to be second rank but they're leader is more secretive. The rat says that he's only seen him once and all they saw was a scar across his forehead." He took a sip of herbal tea leaving the info up in the air.
"Sounds like the target is Sukuna but why would they target my son and I?"
"Easy, He wants to use as leverage against Sukuna and then kill you after he joins." Y/n's face full of disgust and worry for her son.

"If they show up around here, let me know immediately I'll send them running to the bastard with a message." Sukuna lit up a cigarette which was snapped in half by Y/n.
"If they touch Hiro, I'll rip out their spine and fed back to them." Yuji shivered with the two radiating murderous intent.
"Well, at least we have a plan." Megumi nodded and dug into his pocket, a small tiger keychain with a red light in it's blinking was handed to Y/n.
"Put it on Hiro's backpack and don't let anyone take it off. It's a tracker to know where he is at all times." Y/n nodded and gave a hug to Megumi, who was trying to get away.
"Miss, you're hugging me too tight!"
"Thank you for caring about my son and I! Goodnight Yuji, I'll be back tomorrow with gifts." Sukuna waved her off.
"I'll be here for a bit."
"Okay, stay safe." She kissed his forehead before heading back their apartment and putting Hiro to his bed while putting the tracker on his backpack.
"How worried are you?"
"Not at all, Y/n has fighting experience and Hiro is protected by all of us."
"It feels like old times!" Yuji held up his cup.
"Not sure if that's a good thing.." Megumi deadpanned at his partners excitement.
"Whatever it is, The mission is simple protect Hiro and the L/n family." Sukuna swirled his drink and took a sip.
"And what if we can't and they end up ya'know.." Sukuna put a serious face with his eyes glaring at the both of them.

"I'll kill them in the slowest and horrific way possible."

_____________________________________

🍒Fun Fact🍒: Y/n has frequent burnouts that lead her to be under Sukuna's care which is like a free spa.

Been having dark thoughts lately so my head is a bit clouded writing these.

🩸Word Count🩸:1398