Chapter 8 : Tragedy strikes

Amaya's

In the morning we gathered around a picnic table where Sam, Emily, Paul, Jared, Embry, Jacob, Bella, and I sat having the table full of food and eating breakfast. Bella told us about the vampire that we now know is named Victoria, she also told us she was after her because the Cullens had killed her mate for trying to kill her.

"Excellent, if the redhead's after Bella, we've got bait," Jared said looking at everyone.

Jacob quickly grabs a four-pronged spading fork from the garden tools and flings it toward Jared's head but Jared easily catches it.

"She's not bait." Jacob exclaims upset.

"I think I should leave town," Bella suggested.

"Victoria will follow you, and it will make it harder for us to catch her." Sam explained to Bella.

"Yeah and the last thing I want is for that bitch to get away again." I said with very noticeable anger in my voice.

"What do you have against her? I don't understand." Bella asked me.

"Well, do you see my face?" I asked her and she nodded. "She did that, I just want to return the favor to that redhead bitch." I said bitterly.

"Well, no one can catch her. She can escape anything." Bella said changing the topic.

"Ooh, she has special powers." Paul said mockingly.

"Some of them do." Bella commented, I mentally facepalm while the boys just stared te her.

"Like, what? Bella?" Jacob asked her.

"The mind reader you said you knew. He was a suckhead? Can they all do that?" Jared questioned Bella.

"Nah that's just Edwierdo." I answered Jared and they turn to me.

"You knew about this?" Sam asked me with raised eyebrows.

"I just know about Edwardo, I didn't know that others had powers too." I told Sam while eating a piece of bacon.

"And you didn't tell us this, why?" Paul asked annoyed.

"I had better things to do than tell you that doctor Ken has mutants in his dream house." I told them not caring to even look at them.

"Bella do the other leaches have powers?" Sam asked Bella.

"I shouldn't have said-" Bella said quietly but was interrupted by an offended Paul.

"She's still protecting them." Paul stated in an angry tone.

"I don't know why is not like they stuck around to protect you-" Jared said but is cut off by Jacob.

"Guys, back off." Jacob warned the group and looks at Bella apologetically who had a hurt expression.

"Alright boys, let's not judge Bella. Sam especially can't talk about who Bella should fall for." I said feeling bad for Bella.

Sam glared at me and I just ignored him. After breakfast, Bella pulled me aside to talk.

"How did it happen? The scars I mean." Bella asked me awkwardly.