Chapter 14: Battle

Amaya's P.O.V

Over the last few days, it was decided that Jacob would take Bella to the safe point with Edward because he would mask her scent. Sam had ordered Seth and me to guard Bella with Edward; he mainly wanted two things to keep Seth out of the fight and to secure that nothing would happen to Bella.

Third Person P.O.V

In the morning, the cold wind had died down. The ground was white with snow, and the campsite was eerily quiet. Seth and Amaya are sitting in front of the tent, making sure everything is alright. Both of them look over to the tent as they hear someone unzip the tent, and Bella walks out.

"Right. Seth, Amaya. Hi." Bella greeted the pair.

Seth pants as if saying "hello". As Bella asks where Jacob is Edward answers, Amaya and Seth leave to make a recon of the perimeter.

After some time passed, Seth and Amaya had come back, growling. They had allowed Edward to read their thoughts. The newborn army had arrived at the woods, finding the Cullen family waiting for them.

Out of nowhere, lunges Sam flanked by Pual and Jared. They tare the newborns to pieces. Then Embry, Leah, and Quil jump into action following the others. Soon enough, Jacob joins the rest of the pack in the clearing.

Sam and Jacob charge at a newborn, each grabbing an arm and ripping it apart. Paul gets surrounded by three newborns, but Emmett aid him, and they both share a look. Carlisle and Esme were going to attack a young newborn, but she's backed up visibly frightened. They share a look and try to talk to the girl. Meanwhile, Alice is darting from newborn to newborn, not looking at them already knowing their next move. Jasper is right behind her, trying to give her cover.

Jasper is suddenly bitten by a newborn. Alice spins and flings the newborn to Rosalie, Emmett, and Carlisle that kill him.

A sudden smell brings Amaya back to reality; it's a scent she knew very well. Seth also noticed the scent and looked at Edward, who freezes for a moment.

"Someone's hurt-" Bella assumed but was quickly cut off by Edward.

"Seth and Amaya, go."

Both of them bolt far away enough to not be noticeable but close enough to know what's happening. They hear the conversation going on but don't come out yet. As Riley tries to attack Edward, Seth leaps into action and lands on Riley, taking a chunk of his hand. Riley roars in anger and pain as Seth circles back for another attack.  While Seth keeps Riley busy, Edward focused on Victoria, and she backs up towards the trees. Edward reading her mind, knowing she's trying to escape, cuts her off.

Edward starts taunting Victoria, making her go straight for Bella. Meanwhile, Riley kicks Seth off him, making Seth crash against the cliff hard, making him stay down for a bit. Riley spins around and heads towards Bella. Edward now has to protect Bella from both vampires, and he does so incredibly well, but little by little, he starts to get overwhelmed, and Victoria gets the little advantage she needs. Bella watches as Riley tackles Edward to his knees Victoria grabs him from behind, and at the same time, Bella gets an idea that might save Edward's life she grabbed one of the multiple sharp rocks that are on the ground and stabs her arm.

Both Riley and Victoria are distracted by the smell of blood and stared at Bella's bleeding arm. Edward seizes the opportunity and dead drops to the ground while flipping Victoria over his head, across the clearing, and into a tree that breaks in two. Edward turns to Riley, who is still bedazzled by the blood.

Then, suddenly, the sound of metal tearing as Riley screams, Edward ripped his arm off. Edward goes back to Victoria as Seth recovers, leaps, and tackles Riley, dragging him to the woods as he screams desperately to Victoria for help. Victoria never glances at him, making him realize the truth, and the last expression you see on his face is betrayal. Victoria can hear how Seth is tearing Riley apart, but her expression never changes; she doesn't even try to move.