Chapter 10 : Confrontations

Amaya's P.O.V

Over the summer, Quil phased which made Jacob and Embry very happy as the three of them were back together. Leah and Seth had become better, and because of the training, patrols, and fights, they had become much better and were up to date with the rest of the pack. Leah still kind of hated Sam, but for the most part, she is less aggressive about it, we have also been spending a little more time together slowly getting to get to know each other more. Tonight Paul, Sam, Jacob, and I were patrolling like we normally do.

"You guys smell that?" I asked everyone, and they sniff the air.

"Yeah, it smells like a bloodsucker. Let's go check it out!" Sam orders and runs.

We run after him chasing the scent all the way to the ravine that is close to the river that divides our lands. The leech was fast, all give it that. Then a redhead pops out of nowhere and I start running as fast as I can to catch her I see the Cullens on the other side of the ravine also chasing Victoria on their side, and Victoria leaps back to the other side of the ravine.

"All ours now!" Emmet yells at her while the Cullens close in.

Emmett grabs her by the hair, but she manages to use the momentum and flings Emmett off and over her, making him crash into a tree. Victoria jumps to our side and takes a moment to look back at Emmett mockingly before continuing to run.

"Emmett don't -" Esme tries to tell Emmett.

Emmett ignores Esme and jumps over the ravine, but as soon as he lands, Pual is in front of him. There is a small standoff between the two, but instead of jumping back to the other side, Emmett just stands there. Paul growls at Emmett, but he just smiles at Paul. Then they charged at each other, and a loud boom is heard as both of them collide and of them roll at least a dozen yards in the dirt.

"PAUL THAT'S ENOUGH !" Sam yells at Paul as he comes closer to him.

"Emmett, get back here, now!" Esme angrily yells at the vampire.

Sam, Jacob, and I flank Emmett and start walking towards him, crouched and growling, letting him know that if he doesn't go back, we will tear him apart. Emmett looks at Paul angry, scoffs, and jumps back to the other side of the ravine, where Esme proceeds to scold him and hit him in the arm like a mother grounding a five-year-old kid.

We went back to patrol and tried tracking Victoria, but it was too late she had already covered her tracks. After the patrol, we all went home to sleep. When I woke up got dressed and ran over to Emily's where I found everyone except Seth in the house we ate together and then heard a bike so we all went outside bursting through the front door where we find Jacob and Bella.

"Hey! Look who's back." Embry says, grinning.

"What up, bella?" Quil greets Bella.

"Quil? You too?" Bella asks happily, and Quil sighs.

"Yeah, me too. I'm glad you're here. We'll finally get a break from Jake's inner monologue." Quil mockingly complains.

"I wish Bella would call." Paul mimics Jacob's thoughts.

"I wish Bella wouldn't call." Jared continues.

"Maybe I should call Bella." Embry joins in.

"You can all shut up now." Jacob tells the boys while they laugh.

"Maybe I should call Bella and hang up." Quil jumps in completely ignoring Jacob

"Maybe I should call Bella, say something, and then hang up." Jared follows up.

"Maybe I shouldn't call at all." I say laughing with the boys.

"I'm looking for a new pack. Any suggestions?" Jacob says and looks at Bella.