How it started

My name is Vio short for Violence.  You can pronounce it Vee-oh.  I'm a nonbinary guy and use They/Them and He/Him pronouns.

I've always been kinda Emo.  That came with a lot of bullying and teasing, not just from strangers, but even people I once called friends.  I ended up kind of a loner unwillingly.  It was my last year of high school when I sort of gave up trying to make friends.

It wasn't until I went to a traditional art college that I even socialized with anyone.  Luckilly I had friends online that I could talk to.  They would poke fun, but most of them were emo too so it was all just funny jokes.

When I got up to start heading to class I realized I was already late.  I quickly put on some clothes and makeup and headed out.

My boxers scrunched up around my junk making it feel a bit weird but I figured I could just fix it when I got to the class under the table or desk.

I slowly walked into the classroom and sat down at a table close to the door in the back and started fixing my underwear.  I accidentally made eye contact with a masculine person sitting close to me.

I kinda whispered, "uh, had to get changed fast, woke up late"

The person kind of looked me up and down and smiled before looking back to the professor.  I just blushed and pulled out my computer and tried not to worry about it.  The look they gave me, the way their dark brown skin looked under their black braids.  They wore a slightly revealing black top and a necklace with handcuffs on it.  Their smirk, wouldn't leave my head.

They took out a small peice of paper and started writing something down then handed it to me under the table.
"Names Sash, He, Him, meet me after class."

My face turned slightly red. Was he flirting with me? Was I gonna get in trouble for being late? He did look older so he might be a friend of the professor.  Hopefully I'll be fine.  No need to worry about it. 

Soon enough the class was over and we were assigned some work to bring home.  I went up to the front of the classroom to pick up the reading material as the Professor walked over to me.

"So your new to my class aren't you?"
"I think most of us are." I said kind of comming off rude without meaning to.
"Well dont be late next time or they'll be a punishment.  I hate irresponsible students."

I looked down to the ground feeling ashamed.
"Yes sir."

"Give the kid a break, they probably just got lost.  You yourself can tell he's new.  Just leave them be."
Sash was stood behind me and put a hand on my shoulder as he spoke to the professor like he owned the place.

I looked up at him, he looked even taller now that he was stood up and right next to me.

The professor looked down and squinted before looking back up at Sash. "You'll be given punishment too for excusing his behavior Sash.  Now kid whats your name?"

Sash scoffed and walked out.  I looked up to the professor and responded, "It should be under Vio"
The professor looked through his computer and chuckled before saying, "sorry I know you probably get this a lot but, is that your real last name?"

I sighed out loud, and the professor dropped it.  For those of you who aren't already aware, my last name is Shortcok.  Go ahead and laugh it up, I've already heard the worst.  As annoyed as I was I pretended I was fine as I walked out to see Sash waiting there for me.

"So Vio huh? Whats the last name?"
"Um, I dont want to talk about it" I could tell Sash was just joking so I wasn't as annoyed anymore.

He wrapped his arm arround my shoulders resting his massive hand on my petite frame.  You could tell he did sports.  I was honestly curious why he bothered being friendly with me, maybe he felt bad.

"Wanna walk to the courtyard with me?"
I've got nothing better to do and I might as well try to make at least one friend while I'm here.

He keeps his hand on my shoulder as we walk.  He's somewhat of a chatterbox.

"So yeah I was planning on doing Sports and try to get into a bigger name college but that didn't really work out when I realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore.  It felt like they cared more about winning then having fun, and getting to mess with your homies. I just wasn't having fun anymore.  So that's why I came here.  Only been here a year but I already feel like it's home."

To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention.  I was kinda just watching him talk and couldn't stop thinking about how older he looked than me, even tho he was only a year older.

Eventually we were there so he patted my back to get my attention.
"Yo Vio, were you even listening?"

"Uh, sorry I got distracted."

"Really? You were looking at me the entire time.  Is my body really that distracting." He said slightly joking.

I started to blush realizing he wasn't wrong.
"Heheh, maybe you are" I said trying to be smooth.

"Hahah, alright Vio calm down there.  You almost scared a duckling."

I just was made highly aware how unintimidading I was to this guy, so I just laughed it off.  He then took my hand and dragged me over to a small patch of flowers that he sat in front of.
"Come here and sit down dork" He said smiling.

I sat next to him looking out at the flowers as he pulled a sketchbook out of his backpack.

"Look I've been practicing the flowers in watercolor."

I looked down at his opened sketchbook and saw super pretty paintings with all kinds of colors.  All labeled with sciencey sounding names with descriptions of the flowers.  He turned the page one too many times and I saw a glimpse of a watercolor painting of a boy before he closed it.

"Yeah, I just love the flowers, so I decided to do a study of all the flowers on campus."

I kinda stared feeling a bit confused and ended up asking him, "why are you even showing me this."

"Well I was hoping you could be one of my muses"

As he said this I felt my face get hot.  Did he think I was pretty like the flowers?  Maybe he just needs a partner for an assignment, what does this mean?

"If you could come with me to my dorm I could show you more if you'd like?"

"S-sure, your a really good artist, I'd love to see more."

Little did I know what I just walked into. I was so exited, and scared.

(Please remember to leave a comment and a star if you wouldn't mind, it means the world to me that people are enjoying my stories)