04

New unit means new seats. It's been about a month and a half since school started, and Haas says we need to 'switch it up'. Fingers crossed I get to sit next to her. But just as equally I wish I won't, I'd become a bumbling idiot if I sat next to her.

"Alrighty gang new seats up on the board! Get yo stuff and get up!" we all cringe at Mr. Haas' attempt to be 'hip'. I grab my nike backpack and sling it over my shoulders, holding my jacket in my hand. I quickly scan the board looking for my name, and I see I sit in the second row towards the front. I roll my eyes at the seating but quickly glance to who sits next to me.

Ian. The annoying guy she always seems to fawn over. I reckon I should figure out her name too. I don't like the fact that she doesn't have a name in my fantasies. There are only two females in this class. The two names that seem feminine in the lineup is, Sawyer and Nia Mae. I wonder which one is hers, I have a big feeling I already know who it is.

I pay attention to where everyone sits. Nia sits next to Joel. a chubby face chinese boy who always gives me grief in band. We've known each other for a long time, and we get along fine, I just wouldn't consider us best friends. I looked at Joel and saw her plop down her baby blue backpack, with her flowery lunch bag, So her name is Nia Mae. It suits her, a delicate name for such a delicate girl. Actually I have no idea if she's delicate or even nice, I'm just so smitten with her I think any behavior would seem heavenly.

I sit behind Joel and Nia, with Ian. Nia quickly turns around and smiles brightly at Ian. "We are sitting close again!" She beams as she snatches his notebook. "I can still copy off your worksheets." She sticks out her tongue before giggling. I've never heard such a beautiful sound, it makes butterflies erupt in my stomach....ew when did I become sappy? I shake my head in dismissal at my cringey thoughts.

"Hi!" I look up in shock to see Nia smiling brightly at me. She gives me a small wave. "Hi." I say quietly, suddenly feeling nervous. "I hope you're a genius because this idiot needs a lot of help!' She teases as she slaps his arm. Ian groans in fake pain before shooting her a fake glare. I can't help but wince at their playful interaction.

"I'm smart enough." I mumble as I spin my pencil between my fingers. It sounded smoother in my head, but saying it out loud it seems lame. I cringe at my comment before directing my attention to her. She just looks at me smiling. "Ha your cute." She smirks before turning around.

My eyes widened in shock. Did she just say that shit to me? Am I dreaming in another one of my shitty fantasies? As Haas begins to speak, everything he's saying is being drowned out by my swirling thoughts. She thinks I'm cute? She thinks I'm CUTE!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, Comment,Share

Thank u :)