08

"Joonie!" I rolled my eyes, hearing my cousin's familiar voice. I knew she was mocking me. I hadn't heard that nickname in a while. I never liked it as a child but Ana always called me by that name anyway. So I put two and two together when Nia Mae called me Joonie the other day.

"Don't be such a grumpy face!" I roll my eyes as Ana slings her arm over my shoulder. I remove her arm and walk faster to avoid her mess. "I'm not being grumpy, I'm just not in the mood for your shit today." I huffed as I continued walking.

Okay maybe I am a little pissy today. Last Friday I had a Stats test. I studied my fucking ass off for days. We took it Friday, it's now Thursday next week and we still haven't gotten the results yet. I need to see my score. My grade went down to a C+ last week and I need it to go up desperately. Having a C is the equivalent to a F in my house. If I even dared come home with a C mom would act like I'm trying to drop out.

My stats teacher is taking her sweet little time grading them and it's pissing me off. I have her class later today and I have no shame in bugging the hell out of her about it. "What's got your panties all in a bunch?" Ana asks concerned this time, and I start to feel bad for being rude.

I rub the bridge of my nose, a habit I have when I am frustrated or anxious. "Look sis I'm sorry for being a dick I'm just a little anxious about my stats test." I let out a large sigh as she swung her arms over my shoulder again. "Ah shit Joon, don't let that dumbass test get you in your bag, I'm sure you aced the shit out of that test!" She tries to encourage but it works to no avail.

Ana doesn't have as much stress as I do. My mom and her sisters are in a big competition about who can have the most successful kid. Auntie has never really cared about the inner bickerings of her sisters though. She encourages Ana to just be herself and follow whatever path she wants to. And although Ma hates the idea that every kid under her tutelage isn't a child prodigy, Ana gets the freedom to be whoever.

Ana is one of those artsy people, kinda lives on the wildside. She somehow always finds order in chaos. Her room is the messiest place in the house, but she knows exactly where everything is, and wouldn't change it even if ma threw a shoe at her head. Ana said she wants to freelance while she travels around the world. If I ever said that shit to ma she'd fucking stab me in the chest, or make me feel like I was stabbing her. However even though Auntie is sick she makes sure that her daughter is happy and at peace. In all honesty she's my favorite aunt.

"I'm just freaking out my grade dropped to a C last week and I don't fucking understand why. I went to Mcdonald's and asked her why my grade dropped and she didn't even answer me!" I let out a sigh of frustration. Ana scratches the back of her neck. "That no good old bitty! I have Algebra 2 with her so next I could ask her for you." I shake my head in dismissal. "You don't have to do that-'' She cuts me off with her finger.

"Shut that shit up! You are timid and let people walk all over you, I on the other hand am not! I will walk up to that old bitch and demand her to tell me what the frick fram is wrong with her brain for changing your grade like that!" She shook my shoulders in motivation. "You know that white lady's old, she probably mixed you up with another asian kid, racist bitch." She grumbled the last part as I laughed at her antics.

"Alright alright you can talk to her, even though I know you were gonna do it anyway." I shrug my shoulders. I'm finally in front of my English class. I turn to Ana and give her a tired look. "Time to learn about how to make a Rhetorical Analysis." I say solemnly. Ana puts her hand on my shoulder. "I have something that'll make you feel better." She said with a wide smile on her face.

I arch my brow as I cock my head to the side. "What are you talking about?" I lift my brow as she gives me another one of her creepy grins. "Guess what?" I roll my eyes at her. "Just tell me Ana!" She huffs and pouts out her lip, crossing her arms. "Ugh, you're no fun!" She lets out a large breath of air,

"NiaMaeiscomingoverforasleepover!" She said quickly. I give her a blank stare. "What?" I say confused. She lets out another excited sigh. "Nia Mae is coming over this weekend for a sleepover!" She throws her hands in the air. Her hand catches my chin "Pick ya jaw up boy!" She smirks as I close my mouth. Why didn't she lead with that?

Ana does jazz hands as she turns to walk to her class. "Happy fantasizing!" She waves as I stand there stunned. She definitely should've started that conversation with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, Comment,Share

Thank U ;)