fuck that

i wake up, my phone still on my chest and still in my clothes from yesterday. i lazily stand up, rubbing my eyes in hopes to see more than a blur. being unsuccessful, i walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and throw a shit ton of water at my face.

i walk to the kitchen, seeing Callahan leaning against the counter, staring at his phone attentively. hearing me walk next to him, he sits up straight and looks at me with a big goofy smile.

"what?" i laugh, pouring coffee into a mug.
"nothing," he chuckles, turning to lean his elbows on the counter.
"no tell me!"
"it's really not important," he smiles.
"Callahan c'mon!"

he turns to look at me, and smiles.
"you still look really hot in my hoodie"

i playfully roll my eyes, hiding my face with the long sleeves of his hoodie i forgot i was wearing.

*click*

i remove my hands from my face, looking at him with a shocked face.
"you did not just do that-" i ask, a smile subconsciously breaking out on my face.
"c'mon, you're too cute to not take pictures of" he laughs
"when did you get all bold?"
"when i got the privilege of seeing your face turn red at any small comment i happen to make," a smirk rises onto his lips.
i roll my eyes as he slowly walks closer to me.
"you know.. you're not hard to fluster, y/n,"
"i'm not flust-"
"then why are you red?" he smirks, putting a hand on my chin, forcing me to stare at his eyes.

i technically could look away but no way in hell am i letting him think he has that power over me.

he does, but he doesn't have to know that.

i make an impulse decision, almost regretting it as soon as i did it.
almost.

i hold the back of his neck, looking from his right eye, to his lips, to his left eye.

he almost seems taken aback, but glances down to my lips, then right back up to my eyes.

i lean closer to him, to the point i can feel his breath brush across my lips. he starts to lean closer, now so close that if either of us moved we would be kissing.

i lean closer, brushing past his lips right to his ear.
"why are you?" i whisper, answering his last question works another question.

i smirk, moving out of his grasp and walking to the couch, sitting down and putting my feet on the coffee table with an amused smile. i see him walk in front of me on the couch, forcing me to look almost straight up, as he's generally tall and i'm sitting down.

i smile cockily at his red, fake angry face.
"you're a bitch." he mumbles.
"that i am," i smirk.
he plops onto the couch like a toddler who didn't get what they wanted.

we sit in silence for another two minutes or so.
"i still can't believe you did that. that was so mean," he huffs. i laugh, leaning my head on his shoulder.
"paybacks a bitch, my love"

Macey, Remi and Eva knock on my door obnoxiously, clearly impatient. while i'm walking to my front door to open it for them, i hear a crack, then my door being swung open.

Callahan walks up behind me, clearly hearing the loud sound.
"they have keys?"
"no, Remi has a foot," i answer.

Thanks for the reference, victorious
🤪✌️

he looks a bit surprised, but i ignore it and instead run into the arm of my three best friends i haven't seen in weeks.

Remi got sick and Eva took care of them. Macey just had a lot of work. she started working as a Walmart employee three weeks ago. guess who isn't a walmart employee anymore.

we share a four way hug that lasted for at least a minute.
once we finally pull away, Macey's eyes land on Callahan, who was just standing there awkwardly.
"wait oh my god is that the guy that you said you have a cr-" i cover her mouth with my hand, nervously laughing over her muffled words.
"nono, let her finish," Callahan smirks.
"no!" i insist.

i grab Macey and Remi's wrist, and jerking my head towards the door to my room, i tell Eva to follow.
i drag them in and close the door, locking it so Callahan can't get in.

"ok a couple things. one: you can't tell him i like him!?" i whisper yell, "two: we haven't seen each other in forever, so let's just pretend he isn't here and hang out," i say.

they share glances, then look back to me.
"ok fine. but first, you have to tell us everything new with you and Callahan," Eva says.
"ok, ok!" i drop my voice to a whisper, "i really really like him. like head over heals in love kinda shit," i start.
the three of them squeal, then shut themselves up for me to keep talking.
"he's literally so kind and respectful!"
"so has anything happened between you guys yet?" Macey asks.
"welll.. not really?" i answer.
"that sentence isn't supposed to sound like a question. spill." Remi smiles, shaking my shoulders slightly.

"well the first night he got here we fell asleep on the couch.. i guess you could say cuddling? i dunno, i was laying my head on his knee and he was playing with my hair," they squeal once again.
"and he always flirts with me as a joke. he's recently started doing this thing where he holds my chin and makes me look at him after flirting with me," they all look at each other shocked.
"and today... he was flirting with me as usual, and he did the thing where he made me look into his eyes. i wanted to do the same thing to him as he did to me so i kinda got so close to him we were practically kissing them i swerved and walked away," i rant.
at this point they were literally jumping up and down and squeezing my hands.

i covered their mouths, and sat them down on my bed again to tell them one final thing before moving on to another topic.
"but i don't wanna get too close too fast. i think i'm going to distance myself from him"

they almost look angry. no it's shocked mixed with angry.
"WHAT? YOU CANT DISTA-mhsnmm," Remi starts, before i- once again- cover their mouth.
"he can hear you!" i whisper yell.
"ok. sorry. but yeah fuck that! dude you're literally in love with him and he's one of your best friends- besides the three of us of course,- so i'm sorry but no way in hell am i letting you do that. i will fucking lock you into a room together and leave you there for days." Remi says.

"yeah no offence, darling but that's really fucking stupid," Macey says, laying a hand on my shoulder.
"plus it's so obvious he likes you!" Eva speaks.
".. yeah i think i'm starting to see that," i say, coming to terms with it.
"THEN WHATS THE FUCKING ISSUE!?" Remi whisper yells. like loud whisper yells.
"the fUcKiNg IsSuE is that i..." i pause, trying to remember whatever dumb excuse i had to stay away from them.
".. i don't know," i admit.
"what was that?" Remi cockily smirks, pretending not to hear what i said.
"i said you're a dick," i laugh.

maybe i was just being stupid.
there's no reason i should ever distance myself from him.

i live for making cringe cliche endings for each chapter 😩