dreams become reality

She/they

"maybe we should move in together.." i ask wearily.
his grip on my waist tightens and his body tensed, in what i'm assuming is shock. after a couple seconds, he melts back into the hug, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. i feel a smile against my skin, before he starts talking, sending vibrations up my neck.

"id like that," he whispered.

it made sense now. my dream. always going from home to home, never finding just one place. it made sense what the missing piece was. it made sense why i wasn't fully happy.

but moving in with callahan would be like an answer to all those problems. he is the answer to all my problems. if it weren't for him and my three friends, i would've still been some small streamer, not making enough money to support myself.

the next two weeks weeks were spent looking for a house or apartment for us. we'd seen a couple but none that really fit.

they were either too big, too small, too expensive, too old, or smelled like cat piss.

weeks passed of flying back and forth, still looking for houses. we knew what we wanted but the perfect house just doesn't seem to exist.

"darling maybe we should look more into the house we saw last week" Callahan says, bending over the back of my chair, putting his arms around me and laying his chin on my head.

"the one with the super creepy basement?"
he takes a deep breath in.
"well we can keep looking but so far, it's our best bet"

i sigh. it's really not ideal to have a dark basement that literally howls with wind. but it's better than back and forth.

i let out a breath. "yeah i guess so."
he runs his hand along my arm and placed a kiss on my head. we stayed like that until a loud knock interrupted us.

Cal sighs before standing up, immediately making my long his loving touch.
"Y/n! Your cult is here!"
"coming!"

i walk to the front door to see them all gripping each others arm with excitement

"Hey what's up?"
They grab mine and Callahans wrist, dragging us to their car. I look at callahan confused, to which he shows the same look but with a slight smile.

I'm honestly surprised they're so happy right now. I only recently told them me and Callahan were moving in together. It was a hard conversation to have, considering from the time we were 14 up to now, we were planning on running away from everyone and moving far far away from our parents to all move in together. If I weren't so head over heals for Callahan, I would never dream of moving in with anyone else.

We were driving for a solid 2 hours. It was getting ridiculous. They were still refusing to tell me and cal anything.
"Where are we going??"
"You'll see! Don't get your panties in a twist"
"Never use that word again," I say in disgust.

-

Another 3 hours go by.

"Can you at least give us a hint?"
"No can do, n/n"
"We've been driving for 5 fucking hours!"

Despite my slight irritation, they glance at each other sharing very excited glances.
"Only 15 more minutes, i swear" Macey says from the drivers seat

The last 15 minutes are spent scream singing songs.

We pull up to a small 'parking spot' surrounded by tall evergreen trees. Nobody else is anywhere near us. I think we left all civilization about half an hour ago.

Macey, Remi and Eva all excitedly jump out of the car, Cal and I nervously following behind.

They start running into the woods urging us to follow them.

One 45 minute walk later, we reach an opening to the most beautiful view i may have ever seen in my life.

We all stand at the edge of a semi-tall cliff. Directly below us was a large pool of extremely clear blue water, a soft waterfall dripping from above. The water reflecting off the sunlight causes a rainbow to appear halfway down the waterfall.

On the side of the pool of water was willow trees and small animals like bunnies, birds and squirrels. Colourful flowers scattered randomly all around. It's something straight off of pinterest.

I look to my left and see a cute little swing hanging off a large strong tree.

The three girls look ecstatic. Remi takes off her jacket and her shoes, emptying all her pockets and looking at us with a smirk. Eva and Macey follow suit, looking over and me and Callahan.

I can tell by the smirk on all their faces that they're waiting for me to do the same so we can jump in. I look at callahan, concerned, but he just smiles at he and gives me a look as if to say, "go on, do it".

So I do

I empty my pocket ands take off my shoes, holding hands with Eva who's holding hands with Remi who's holding hands with Macey.

"THREE" Macey yells
"TWO" Remi follows
"ONE!"

I jump, still hand in hand with my closet friends ever. The fall to the water feels like a long time, but is only a couple seconds. All at once, we fall into the refreshingly cold water.

Once we all come up above water, we laugh with each other. This is the most fun I've had in a while, and it's only been 5 minutes

"We know how stressed you've been trying to find a house. You needed this," Eva says.

We all share a group hug, before swimming out of the water. There's only one way to get back up to the top, so we all take turns climbing up the semi-natural looking steps in the stone of the cliff

I get to the top last, smiling so wide it hurts. Cal smiles back at me, love in his eyes. I walk slowly towards him with my arms out for a hug. He slowly backs away not wanting to get wet.

I run at him, but instead of hugging him, I just grab his hand. My eyes tell him everything.

He rolls his eyes, smile widening. He takes off his jacket and empties his pockets.

We stand at the edge together, smiling happily before jumping hand in hand. Once we both arise, he gently holds my waist and kisses me. Cheers from above us break us apart.

I love today.

-

We walk back to the car, in the light darkness right after sun down, still soaking wet.

I was shivering on the way back, cal holding his arms around me to warm me up. This was the absolutely perfect day. I could spend every second I have left with these fucking amazing losers.

Once we finally make it back to the car, Eva grabs a couple towels out of the back and tosses them to us, Cal's hitting him straight in the face.

"This was really what we needed. Thank you guys so much," I say
"Oh, you didn't think we were done yet, did you?"

Me and Callahan exchange confused glances, before my friends start laughing excitedly.

A small car ride later, we arrived in front of a lovely home.
"Who's house are we at?" I ask. They smile at each other before replying.

"Yours."

-

OK SO THE NEXT CHAPTER (AS MUCH AS I ABSOLUTELY HATE SAYING IT) IS PROBABLY GONNA BE THE LAST KNE. THE PLANS I HAD FOR THIS BOOK JUST DIDNT GO HOW I WANYED THEM TK AND IM GONNA REWRITE A VERY LARGE PORTION OF IT. SO IF YOU SEE A SHIT TON OF UPDATES AFTER ITS DONE, ITS JUST ME FIXJNG THE HORRIBKE WRITING

(Please leave suggestions, I'm so lost)